Clear all

Midi noise when connecting tr8s

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Sean
Topic starter

Hi,

I am using a reface CS and a roland tr8s. I have the midi out on the roland connected to midi in on the reface to sync the clock. This works fine, however, I can here the sequence of the tr8s coming through the reface as a clicking noise. Each sequenced pattern comes through the reface as a clicking noise even without audio coming from the tr8s.

When the pattern or sequence is completely cleared on the tr8s( a blank sequence)there is no clicking coming through. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Also both tr8s and reface audio outputs are connected to behringer analog mixer if this makes any difference.

Cheers.

Posted : 19/06/2020 5:00 pm
Bad Mister

I am using a reface CS and a roland tr8s. I have the midi out on the roland connected to midi in on the reface to sync the clock. This works fine, however, I can here the sequence of the tr8s coming through the reface as a clicking noise. Each sequenced pattern comes through the reface as a clicking noise even without audio coming from the tr8s.

The tr8s is apparently transmitting MIDI events on a particular a Channel. Set the refaceCS to receive on a different channel than the tr8s is transmitting.

Your refaceCS is set to receive on all MIDI channels initially, you you may need to select a MIDI RECEIVE Channel.
Please see the “reface version 1.30 Supplementary Manual“ page 9-10 for details on setting the MIDI RECEIVE CHANNEL.
Pick any channel that the tr8s is NOT sending Out on. You only want MIDI Sync (not note-on data) — it is MIDI events that hear playing the CS.

Posted : 19/06/2020 7:22 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us