Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Question regarding Reface DX Local Control on/off

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Ive noticed it before but tonight I experienced it as a handicap. When Local Control is off the 'FM' buttons on the front panel are not accessible. Youre essentially locked out from using them. Other buttons are accessible but not those ones. Can this be changed with a firmware update perhaps? Its a long story but i like using my dx looper to loop phrases on my reface yc or cp while im sequencing the dx with an external (multi-track) sequencer. To do this i turn off Local control off but then i cant use the FM buttons to tweak my sounds. Frustrating..

Thanks

Posted : 12/01/2019 1:37 am
Bad Mister

When Local Control is off the 'FM' buttons on the front panel are not accessible. Youre essentially locked out from using them. Other buttons are accessible but not those ones.

Please, what are “FM buttons” and what are “Other buttons”. Please explain.

Posted : 12/01/2019 8:55 am
Topic starter

The FM buttons are the buttons with the letters FM written above them. They are labeled 'Freq', 'Level', 'Algo' and 'FB'. They are located right next to the little lcd screen. The other buttons are the ones with the the words 'voice select/edit' written above them. They control memory slots and edit functions.

For example: If i press the Level button with local control off i can see what the levels of the 4 operators are but i cant change the values with the data sliders. If i press the edit button for, lets say operator 1, I CAN change the values that way. . Biggest handicap: I cant change algorithms when local control is off.

Posted : 12/01/2019 10:50 am
Bad Mister

Solution: turn CONTROL = OFF, as well (so that your “FM buttons” will work when Local is Off.
It’s the parameter right next to LOCAL).

This “Control” parameter — Sets whether or not MIDI Control is to be used.
MIDI Control Change messages specifically for the reface will be transmitted if a setting is changed in the FM section ([FREQ], [LEVEL], [ALGO], and [FB] buttons) while MIDI Control is turned on. If these messages are received, the FM section’s settings will change accordingly.

Set both LOCAL and CONTROL = OFF, this way the FM buttons will not be waiting for incoming MIDI to control them...
Hope that helps.

Posted : 12/01/2019 6:52 pm
Topic starter

That sounds delightful! Thank you ever so much! Have a nice weekend

Posted : 13/01/2019 12:49 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us