Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Questions regarding future firmware updates for the Reface YC model

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello, I was just wondering if it would at all be possible in future firmware updates for the Reface YC model to be able to turn local control on/off WITHOUT having to turn the unit off and on again. Having to do this really kills my vibe when Im jamming or composing (i switch back and forth heavily from the YC sounds and using the keyboard as a controller for an external synth). I was think something like holding the rotary lever all the wat up while dialing in a certain waveform like the Y setting for instance...

While Im on here anyway...Would it at all be possible in future firmware updates to be able to turn all drawbar levels to 0 (without actually moving any of the drawbars. essentially circumventing those drawbars.) when switching on percussion (on the YC model). Like while holding the rotary lever all the way up while switching the percussion switch on leaving you with just the plucky percussion sounds but not losing your drawbar settings. And then be able to switch the drawbar levels back on while holding the rotary lever all the way up and switching the percussion off again. This would be really cool in an EDM environment, which I use my YC for. Essentially Id love to be able to toggle between percussion sounds only and normal sounds without having to shut all the drawbars off. I hope this make some sense.

Thank You,

Andries

Posted : 19/04/2018 5:33 pm
Bad Mister

Hello, I was just wondering if it would at all be possible in future firmware updates for the Reface YC model to be able to turn local control on/off WITHOUT having to turn the unit off and on again. Having to do this really kills my vibe when Im jamming or composing (i switch back and forth heavily from the YC sounds and using the keyboard as a controller for an external synth).

For what you want to accomplish you should look into getting an external solution... a MIDI Kill Switch... I searched the internet, and lo and behold, there is actually a product called that. Look into it, I’ve never used it but seems simple enough a concept for those needing to break the MIDI connection without unplugging or rebooting the keyboard.

Posted : 19/04/2018 11:46 pm
Topic starter

Thank you for your reply. Ill look into that.

Posted : 20/04/2018 8:47 am
Martin
Eminent Member

Easiest solution: get 2 Reface YC keryboards :p

Posted : 26/04/2018 4:52 am
Martin
Eminent Member

keryboards

keyboards

Posted : 26/04/2018 4:53 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us