Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Reface CP Firmware LED status wrong

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I just received my new Reface CP and I love it. I decided to see if it has the latest firmware installed and so I followed the update manual. According to it, in order to check the version I should press and hold the lowest D# key while turning on and observe that the "Wr" LED lights up which would confirm I have 1.30. When I did that, something entirely different happened: the Wr, Clv, Tremolo, Delay and Reverb LED-s are steadily on and the Chorus blinks for a moment. After that it goes into normal mode. So, I decided I didn't have 1.30 and downloaded the updater and installed 1.30 according to the instructions and all went well with all type LED-s finally ON to confirm the update has finished successfully. Well, guess what, when I re-checked the firmware version I still don't have the Wr LED ON to confirm 1.30 but I have the same situation with Wr and Clv ON, effect LED-s on and Chorus blinking. I tested some of the new features such as master transpose, etc. and they work correctly so I guess I have 1.30 already but Yamaha need to fix the update manual because it's misleading. Hopefully I haven't downgraded the firmware from some supposedly higher version (e.g. 1.40 shipped from the factory) to the official 1.30 one. Can someone from Yamaha confirm what's the actual status of the firmware version on CP and why the status LED-s differ compared to what manual has?

Posted : 31/05/2019 11:45 am
Topic starter

I can't edit my post above but I meant lowest C# key and not D#. Anyway, I noticed that for CP it's C# and for CS it's D#, so I tried both but neither shows the Wr LED to confirm 1.30.

Posted : 31/05/2019 12:07 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us