Clear all

reface cp strange note when playing C+D+#D+E+F or F+G+A+bB+C

17 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
Martin
Topic starter

Hello!

I got my reface cp yesterday and while testing it out I found something very strange: when playing F + G + A + bB alltogether and then add C it plays a B very loud and disturbing.
Something similar happens when playing C + D + #D + E + F.

I could not reproduce the situation using a external midi keyboard.

Is something wrong with my cp?
Can anyone reproduce this with his/hers cp or other reface?
And if so: can we fix it?

best regards,

Martin

Posted : 13/12/2017 10:06 am
Bad Mister

Nope, can't say I've ever heard of this... try changing your batteries or plugging it in with the PA150 Adapter. As batteries start to die out, the lights will start to blink slowly (at first) and soon you may get unusual behaviors.

Posted : 14/12/2017 6:28 pm
Martin
Topic starter

When I first encountered the problem, I had it plugged in. It doesn`t matter what powersource I use.

I wrote my retailer today and hope i get it replaced without waiting too long.

Posted : 15/12/2017 1:42 pm

Hello to the both of you. I just unboxed my Reface CP and encounter the same problem! A loud (max volume) B is added when I simultaneously play F+G+A+Bb+C. Help (I do not use batteries, but have it plugged in)! Thanks 🙂

P.S. This youtube video demonstrates my (our) issue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcKxg4pK0sY

Posted : 05/01/2018 9:18 pm
Martin
Eminent Member

Bad Mister wrote:

Nope, can't say I've ever heard of this... try changing your batteries or plugging it in with the PA150 Adapter. As batteries start to die out, the lights will start to blink slowly (at first) and soon you may get unusual behaviors.

You haven't ever heard of this ... but have you actually tried it before giving your advice? 2 people here are sharing the same experience. There are many things I haven' t ever heard of that still can be true.

Posted : 06/01/2018 2:00 pm
Bad Mister

@Martin
I have not only not heard of this before, I cannot get mine to reproduce it. Then I give my advice? It has nothing to do with whether I believe you or not, or if it is true; actually nothing at all. If it is an issue for you, please take the instrument to an authorized service center... you might also consider that (perhaps) not every reface does this...

Posted : 09/01/2018 12:50 pm
Martin
Eminent Member

Bad Mister wrote:

@Martin
I have not only not heard of this before, I cannot get mine to reproduce it. Then I give my advice? It has nothing to do with whether I believe you or not, or if it is true; actually nothing at all. If it is an issue for you, please take the instrument to an authorized service center... you might also consider that (perhaps) not every reface does this...

Yes, you're probably right. Issues that some people have and other people don't are often the most frustrating ones because they make you feel you're alone on this planet and are getting insane 😀 😀 😀

Posted : 09/01/2018 3:29 pm

Hey, I get this when holding: F, G, Ab, Bb, C and then playing B. (the B one octave down has some even weirder behaviour). (But not the other posted sequences.)
Firmware issue?

Posted : 10/01/2018 1:17 am
Martin
Topic starter

@Bad Mister
Some jerk stole my username... As I'm not able to change mine, I addet a beautiful profile picture that shows a really good and reliable Keyboard from Sweden that I use since 10 years now, so you can see who is which Martin. I would never be so unfriendly myself, but the other Martins English is better than mine as I'm from Austria.

@Ritske: Where did you buy your Instrument? Just curious if you eventually got the one I sent back 😉

@chris: welcome to the Strange-Note-Club!

My status with the situation at the moment: Still waiting for replacement (waiting for more than a month now). I'm a little bit angry about how things in this case have developed.

Posted : 22/01/2018 11:26 am
Martin
Eminent Member

Hi @martin this is the other @martin

1. I did not steal your name. I was born with that name
2. I registered using this name already on 25/9/2015 as you can see if you click on my name below my (new) green icon. If I click on yours I can see you are here since 13/12/2017. I was here first.
3. Your English isn't that bad at all. I am Dutch, so English is not my native language either
4. I am not a jerk. Neither are you, even if you in fact "stole" my username. Martin is a good name 😀
5. Reface keyboards are fun, That's why we are here right?

Posted : 23/01/2018 10:45 pm
 Otto

I've heard a couple people mention this problem before I saw this topic, yeah they should know...

Posted : 26/04/2018 12:48 pm

Here's the Facebook discussion about this issue: https://www.facebook.com/groups/965341583496354/permalink/1905025229527980/

I just got my Reface DX today and it exhibits the same issue. I've made a video recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVBuYuafr0E

When E, G, A, and higher C are pressed, if you try pressing the B, it also triggers Bb at max velocity. If you press the B very softly, the Bb is triggered first at low velocity, then if you continue pressing the B key it will trigger the B note too. I've also checked the MIDI output (by connecting via USB), and the Reface DX sends these buggy notes in the same way.

I see that it's been over six months since this has been first reported. I wonder if there is an official fix? Or should I just try to exchange/return the product?

Posted : 10/08/2018 1:09 am
Bad Mister

Contact Customer Support if your instrument exhibits strange behavior.

Posted : 10/08/2018 11:58 am

mine does this same thing. this is not a single person with this issue.. this is a widespread known about issue, possibly in the firmware.

Posted : 01/11/2019 2:20 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Maybe someday in the future when there are reface emulators / reissues - the ones without this behavior will be less popular. "Didn't reproduce that weird max velocity Bb? Something's missing from that reproduction."

Probably something Yamaha does need a slightly wider sample than one unit to identify the issue and work to resolve.

Posted : 01/11/2019 2:32 am
Page 1 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us