Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

reface cp strange note when playing C+D+#D+E+F or F+G+A+bB+C

17 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes

the chord combinations that reproduce the bug aren't exactly common, but i'm able to reproduce them every time by following along the reface dx bug youtube videos linked in these various threads. luckily this only happens when you use the reface's actual keybed.. so you can work around this issue by using a different controller to play the reface if needed. still these bugs exist and are disappointing . the reface itself makes an excellent midi controller..but when it outputs these bad notes/chords even via midi output it can't be relied upon.

also the speaker issue mentioned in another thread.. if you run audio into the aux input the speakers run perfect at full blast.. but if you use the built in reface sounds they exhibit some weird distortion behavior at 60% volume, usually impacting the right speaker more than the left for whatever reason.

these bugs exist and hopefully will get fixed some day. multiple people have experienced these bugs. multiple people have exchanged their units for brand new replacements that have the same issues still. sad to see mister badman dismiss these problems without giving them much of a look. they are real issues with the device. again, possibly firmware could fix them? i can hope.

Posted : 01/11/2019 5:35 am

I ended up returning the unit BTW, as was suggested by Yamaha support.

Now I wonder whether this issue was fixed almost two years later? Did anyone get a new Reface DX recently which doesn't have this issue?

Posted : 08/07/2020 10:06 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us