Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Reface CP

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi! i recently bought a yamaha reface CP, ( one month ago). the problem is i run out of battery very soon, is the second time in one month that i run out of batteries!, can these be possible?

By the way every time i plug in to power speakers i connect it with the AC adaptor so that it doesnt consume that much (read it in the manual)

Also every time it's running out of batteries( the TYPE light starts to flash) i connect the AC adaptor to charge it and the piano suddenly turns of, and when i plug of the adaptor then i can play. Is these normal?

Posted : 30/11/2016 2:07 am
Bad Mister

FYI: from the Owner's Manual

Type AA alkaline, zinc-carbon, or rechargeable nickel–metal hydride batteries can be used to power this instrument. However, certain modes of use can consume large amounts of power, and therefore, we recommend that you use either alkaline or rechargeable batteries.

_ If you connect or disconnect the AC power while this instrument is turned on and powered by batteries, it may turn off. Please note that any data being recorded or not yet stored will be lost in such a case.

_ We recommend that you replace worn batteries as soon as possible. Certain modes of operation, such as when Speaker Output is turned on, may cause the batteries to quickly become worn, and as a result, the instrument may be unable to function properly. In such a case, all of the batteries should be either replaced (if non-rechargeable) or recharged (if rechargeable). Furthermore, if you intend to use the instrument for an extended period of time, we recommend that the AC adaptor be used to power it.

_ If you are using rechargeable batteries and lamps flash or a message is displayed to indicate that they have become worn, immediately recharge the batteries. Continued use of rechargeable batteries in this condition has an adverse effect on their lifespan.

_ Be sure to use a dedicated charger with rechargeable batteries. This instrument does not recharge batteries.

_ If the AC adaptor is plugged into this instrument while it contains batteries, it will draw power from the adaptor.

Posted : 30/11/2016 3:09 pm
Martin
Eminent Member

_ If you are using rechargeable batteries and lamps flash or a message is displayed to indicate that they have become worn, immediately recharge the batteries. Continued use of rechargeable batteries in this condition has an adverse effect on their lifespan.

About batteries: I would like to use rechargable batteries, but the ones I have tried don't work well (don't last long) compared to the non-chargable ones I have used and that work perfectly. Maybe it's because recharable batteries often don't deliver a full 1.5V but only 1.2V?

I was wondering if 1.6V NiZn batteries like these can be used safely with my RefaceDX ?
Any other advice or experiences from people using rechargable batteries with Reface keyboards?

Posted : 03/12/2016 12:44 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us