Notifications
Clear all

Reface CS and DX, using MIDI without controlling each other

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi guys

I just got a Yamaha Reface DX to go along with my Yamaha Reface CS and Korg Volca Beats. Before I got the DX, I had MIDI OUT from the CS to MIDI IN on the Volca Beats. As such, I could create a drum pattern first, then start looping on the CS which would then set the Volca Beats to play. Then it would be in sync and start playing at the same time. Wonderful.

After adding the DX, I am having some problems. I would like to have the same kind of setup, first create a beat on the Volca Beats, then create something on the DX in sync and starting at the same time...then finally creating something on the CS synced to both the DX and Volca Beats, so they are playing at once. At the end, I would be able to start all three units and have them play by themselves.
But the problem is that the DX and CS are controlling each other. Either they are playing "each other" - meaning I am playing one synthesizer through another or they are both playing sounds from both. I don't want this. I want the three units to play individually, only sharing sync and play looping etc.

Any advice how to do this? I should state that the CS and DX does not have MIDI THRU.

Thanks for your time!
Nicholas

Attached files

Posted : 28/10/2020 5:43 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us