Notifications
Clear all

Reface CS USB MIDI Problem - Note triggers indefinitely

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello,

Problem: When using USB-MIDI (MIDI Control on Reface can be set to either ON or OFF - problem persists), it triggers a note (F#3) and sustains indefintely. Note that monitoring MIDI on my computer does not show any MIDI transmission. Even if I unplugged the MIDI connection, the F#3 note persists. The only way to get it to turn off, is to power cycle the instrument. Note, this issue does not occur when using 5 pin MIDI. This also happens regardless if Local Control is On or Off.

How do I get the Reface CS to stop trigger this note on its own when using USB MIDI?

The closes solutions I found on the Yamaha website requires a MOTIF sequencer, which I don't have. I'm not even sure if these are the solutions I need - but I can't even try them because (1) no MOTIF sequencer and (2) it says there is a linked .sys file on the support page, but there isn't.

https://www.yamahasynth.com/yamaha-synth-rss/connecting-reface-to-daw

https://www.yamahasynth.com/yamaha-synth-rss/reface-cs-midi-primer-setting-the-midi-receive-channel

Please help, thanks 🙂

Posted : 20/05/2019 6:09 pm
Bad Mister

Just so you know: MIDI CONTROL being On or Off has nothing whatever to do with triggering Note events (so unlikely this has anything to do with your issue). It has to do with sending CC messages from the front panel controls.
If Local Control = Off then the Note-On is not triggered by the reface CS unless you are routing signal back to the reface via your unidentified USB device connected (computer + software).

Since you never mention what it is your connected to via USB... why not look into that device or whatever software you are running.

We cannot help you if you only provide partial information. Test the reface alone, verify it is working:

Disconnect the reface CS from all other devices.
Report on whether or not the F#3 triggers and sounds endlessly... if not, your reface is fine. Conclude it is something you are connecting to. If you want help here you must reveal that stuff you are connecting to... make sense?

Posted : 20/05/2019 8:41 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us