Notifications
Clear all

Reface iPhone/iPod Touch holder...

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Bob
Topic starter

Revised with photos you can easily access. A picture is worth a thousand words. 😮 This a clip I created to mount my ipod touch to my Reface CS keyboard for quick patch changes. Can go landscape mode too, but Soundmondo App is portrait only. Also great if you want to drive a softsynth from the reface USB. If anyone has any interest or thoughts about it, let me know. Thanks!

Bob

Posted : 01/09/2016 2:48 pm
 Bob
Topic starter

Thanks, Tony! It's been pretty useful so far.

Posted : 10/09/2016 4:15 pm

Nice Idea!
I do really wish the app could rotate though so the lightning cable was on the top, or even a landscape orientation would help.

I have just dialed in my sounds since I got the CS (which was pretty quick after they came out) but I decided to try the mondo app live for one gig and I definitely can see it being pretty useful. In fact It might let me use the CS more in my stack live, so a mount is a good idea. My ipod battery drained pretty fast though, not sure if it was the app, or something else drawing. I"ll do a bit more looking into that aspect.

Currently I have a three stack with the CS on the top tier. I use an ultimate support apex stand, and an ipad for lead sheets sits behind the CS on the top tier.
I could have the ipad do double duty, but I'd rather not, so thus far I use an ipod touch with the CS
I might use an ipod stand like this, but I may look into rigging up something so it is on my second tier keyboard...accessible but stable.

Posted : 21/10/2016 2:49 am

So having been working with the app on my ipod touch for a few gigs in the last week or so, I found I needed to do something to secure my ipod, so I took the clear plastic case the ipod came in and double face taped it to the side block on my bottom tier keyboard (a 90's era roland arranger keyboard. I don't use any on board sounds, purely just as a midi controller, but it is lightweight and has quite nice action on it) It works pretty well though I think a better solution might be to get an iphone case and tape it on. Iphones are a bit thicker than an ipod touch, so it should be easy to slip it in and out, and it will have an opening at the bottom for the lightning cable.

I am contemplating scaling it down to two keyboards though and dropping the roland, in which case I may tape the iphone case to the side block of the cs itself. Sadly they are just a bit narrower than my ipod, but I think it would still work fine.

Posted : 31/10/2016 4:31 am
 Bob
Topic starter

Hey Daniel! Thanks for the post. I kind of gave up on my post and thought no one would read it after a while. 😮 Sounds like a nice rig you have! I love the CS, it is so sonically capable and portable.

It is super annoying that the app can't rotate, I think landscape would have been fine and the clips separate easily to accommodate either position. Also, totally agree, this app sucks battery big time. I have been trying to figure out the sysex patch transmission so I can bypass the app entirely, but it's painfully slow. Eventually I hope to make a clip on patch bank that doesn't require the iPod touch.

If you want me to make you one of these for your iPhone, just let me know what phone you have and I'll try to print one. If you are in the U.S. I can just throw it in an envelope. It would be good for me to make the adaptation to a couple of phone versions. Just let me know.

Bob

Posted : 13/11/2016 3:00 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us