25 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
19.5 K Views
Joel
 Joel
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Hi, the Reface's Os firmware update 1.30 have been released yesterday.

You can download your new os on the Yamaha support site.
Link for Reface DX, you can change the Reface type in the top right tab :
http://download.yamaha.com/search/product/?site=europe.yamaha.com&language=en&category_id1=16277&category_id2=16381&category_id3&product_id=2064630

For Reface CS
It is now possible to set the master tuning, master transpose, pitch bend range, transmit channel, and receive channel.
• A click sound has been added to the Phrase Looper.
• Sustain can now be applied using an FC3 foot pedal or an FC4 or FC5 foot switch.

For reface DX
• A Tuning screen has been added as Page 2 displayed by using the [FUNCTION] button. On this page, you can set the master tuning and master transpose.
• A click sound has been added to the Phrase Looper.

*I have done it, like the OS 1.20 it doesn't delete your voices, don't worry about this 😉

For reface CP
It is now possible to set the master tuning, master transpose, transmit channel, and receive channel.

For reface YC
• It is now possible to set the master tuning, master transpose, transmit channel, and receive channel.
• When the rotary speed is FAST, you can now also switch to SLOW by moving the [ROTARY SPEED] lever up once.

Posted : 08/04/2016 9:36 am

This is great. Thank you Yamaha! It reminds me of the old days when one could write to customer support about firmware bugs, and they would listen and fix them. Great that they still are listening and refining!

If the CS could have its keyboard velocity routed to the FEG/AEG balance slider, (as opposed to nowhere) I think we'd be estastic with the amount of expression that would enable.

Posted : 09/04/2016 2:02 pm

Thanks for implementing master tuning !
And for the next DX-update please : individual LFO and envelopes for feedback-level, 8operator/4Voice patch-mode, memory locations for looper-sequences, an arpeggiator and layer/split mode 😉

Posted : 12/04/2016 4:07 pm
 jon

Great updates! However, I can't seem to update my reface CS. Everything seems to work fine while updating (reface is connected, progress bar fills up nicely to 100%), but when I try using any of the new functions they don't work. I tried updating several times, but no change. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? I'm using OSX yosemite.

Posted : 16/04/2016 1:48 pm
Member Admin

Hi @Jon. This is the community coordinator. Thanks for your question, we'll get back to you shortly.

Posted : 18/04/2016 4:25 pm
Bad Mister

See your post here

Posted : 18/04/2016 6:11 pm
 lars

Thank you for the update (especially the click for the looper), no problems on my DX!

Posted : 20/04/2016 7:02 am
Robert

Ok, I've successfully updated my reface DX to 1.30, and the Master Tune function works, but I have no idea how to make the Master Transpose work with the MIDI controller keyboard. Transpose works well enough in the first screen, but Master Transpose appears to do nothing since it doesn't change the key in any of the voices. Is this something that only works on the reface keyboard and not through the MIDI function?

Posted : 30/04/2016 9:05 pm
Bad Mister

Transpose works as a function of "transmit". You are changing what the keybed transmits. Not to be confused with the tone generator parameter that would shift the pitch to an incoming MIDI event.

Transpose is always a function of the device that is sending. So instead of sending a C3 when you press middle C while the Transpose is +1, the keybed will actually be sending C#3... both to the internal tone engine and OUT via MIDI.

Nothing changes about what the reface DX is receiving from some external device when it sends in a C3... the tone generator will naturally sound middle C.
Transmit versus Receive.
Keyboards Transmits - Tone Generator Receives.

If you Transpose the Keyboard both the Tone Generator and everything connected via MIDI will sound transposed by the amount you set... because you are sending in a transposed message. The tone engine doesn't change, it simply responds in kind to the message it gets.
If you connect an external keyboard to the reface DX MIDI IN, whatever you play on your external keyboard will sound from the reface tone engine. If you wish to transpose it, then transpose it on that external keyboard. Keyboards can transpose.

Posted : 02/05/2016 1:09 am

Bad Mister wrote:

Howdy Bad Mister... I have the CP updated to 1.3 but I can't seem to find the documentation that actually shows how I can change the CP Transmit / Receive channel. I know how to do it via Sysex, but I was hoping there was some sort of key combination on power up that would store this setting (Omni Off / Receive Channel 1 On). I assume 1.3 addressed this? If so, could you point me to where I could learn how to configure the CP to stay on channel 1 between power cycling).

Much appreciated!

Posted : 17/06/2016 3:07 am
Bad Mister

The download of the update includes the "reface version 1.30 Supplemental Manual" which explains the update.

Posted : 17/06/2016 6:57 am

Bad Mister wrote:

The download of the update includes the "reface version 1.30 Supplemental Manual" which explains the update.

😀 Jeese... I see it now in the zipped folder... Haha... well, thanks, as always, for your help in pointing out the obvious to these old eyes Bad Mister!

Posted : 17/06/2016 11:55 am

Many thanks for this update! 😉

Posted : 13/08/2016 9:18 am
 sean

Bad Mister wrote:

This manual that explains the update doesn't tell you how to actually choose the receiving midi channel though...

Could you please let me know how you can choose these? 🙂

Posted : 09/10/2016 6:09 pm
Bad Mister

This manual that explains the update doesn't tell you how to actually choose the receiving midi channel though...

Sure, it does.
If you own a reface CS see pages 9-10
If you own a reface CP see page 19-20
If you own a reface YC see page 25-26

If you own a reface DX, Receive Channel was always set on the Function3 screen (RV CH)

If you are stuck, tell us which reface unit you own, you didn't tell us.

Posted : 09/10/2016 6:57 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us