Notifications
Clear all

Reface's firmware update 1.30

25 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
19.5 K Views
 sean

Apologies, I was expecting the information to be in the 'how to update your reface for 1.30' manual that comes via the update download.

Could you give me a link to the manual you are talking about ?

I have a Yamaha CS by the way.

Posted : 09/10/2016 7:51 pm
Bad Mister

http://download.yamaha.com

The download of the update includes the "reface version 1.30 Supplemental Manual" which explains the update.

Posted : 09/10/2016 9:58 pm

After going between all the 4 series, finally I ended up with buying Reface YC. I like it very much however I have some complaints and requests. I would like to know if you agree and if Yamaha can do anything.

My right speaker does some distortion even at mid volumes and no its not because of the distortion effect.

The new update allowed us to change the transpose for instance and this made me very happy, however the way we do it, especially necessity of turning it off and on everytime to do it is a torture. Especially on the stage, it is very hard, and every time you turn it off and on, the PC that is connected by midi recognizes this. It has to recognize the keyboard again and again since I need to change the transpose often. Can't Yamaha find an easier way which would not need to turn off/on every single time?

Since I use it as a portable midi keyboard as well, it is very sad for me that, I dont have a pitch bend and sustain pedal. The stick and the mechanism is the exact same with the others. I wonder Yamaha can enable us to use that rotary stick as a pitch bend when we use it as a midi keyboard. And lastly if we can use the foot controller input as sustain pedal input when we use it is a midi keyboard.

I wonder if these can be done in the next update, then I will be even more happy with my new Reface YC

Thank you very much.

Posted : 13/10/2016 2:19 pm

hello bad mister,

may i ask you if there are any plans for further updates for the reface series, specially for the dx?
i even would pay a fee for an update, asking for arpeggiator, lfos with more destinations, programmable pitchstick (effect ammount, frequency etc.), routing external audio through the fx section...

thankss,
daniel

Posted : 14/10/2016 5:44 pm
Martin
Eminent Member

That's not a firmware upgrade, that's a new synth you are asking for 😀

Posted : 16/10/2016 8:52 am

hehe, yeah, ok..then a reface dx mk2! 😀

Posted : 16/10/2016 12:04 pm

Hello,
as a +1 to one of @beethoven's questions — could a firmware upgrade be made so that YC supports a sustain pedal?

Posted : 12/11/2016 7:54 pm

Hello
A +1 from me as well on the YC to support sustain! I know the old combos usually didn't, but it'd still be great! Perhaps the sustain pedal could be used to swith between fast and slow when the leslie is on, and be used as a sustain when it's set to off. Or just use a keycommand on startup to choose either.
thanks!

Posted : 01/12/2016 1:49 pm

How do I find the current firmware revision? I have not yet received my cs and dx. Just want to be prepared.

Posted : 01/08/2017 5:13 pm

Hi,

a bit late to the game, but just wondering if anyone has had this problem. I updated my YC to 1.30 and now non of the drawbars/knobs transmit any cc data.

Posted : 01/01/2018 10:21 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us