Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Request for next Reface CP firmware update

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Please consider replacing the toy piano voice on the Reface CP with the acoustic piano voice on the next Reface CP firmware update. A piano or even string voice would be far more useful than the toy piano. I've yet to find a way to make use of the toy voice.

Posted : 23/12/2017 6:04 pm

I totally agree with this request. I only acquired the Reface CP when I learned that it contained this acoustic piano sound. Thank you Harley!

Posted : 25/12/2017 6:25 am

Yes please on the acoustic piano. Also: please boost the volume and velocity sensitivity of the Rhodes MkI. I can hardly hear a thing through the onboard speakers without pounding on the mini keys, especially on lower octaves with the panning tremolo on.

Posted : 26/12/2017 3:18 am
Martin
Eminent Member

Chris wrote:
I can hardly hear a thing through the onboard speakers without pounding on the mini keys

Get bigger speakers. Even cheap desktop computer speakers sound better than the Reface built-in ones.
But you will never regret investing some more money in a pair of active nearfield studio monitors.

Posted : 06/01/2018 2:09 pm

If I were going to hook it up to speakers, I'd just go into my studio and play my 1978 Rhodes Mk I instead. The joy of the Reface is that I can sit with it on my lap anywhere.

The Drive knob helps a bit. With the Drive at 12 o'clock, it sounds great and has a great response at low velocities, but at hard "bite" velocities it breaks up way too much. It would be better if it stayed nice and clean like a good Fender Twin Reverb and have the distortion kick in only when the knob is turned most of the way up.

Posted : 07/01/2018 6:55 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us