Notifications
Clear all

SImple editor for Reface DX

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Tom
Topic starter

I just made a simple template for the Lemur app in which you can control all CC parameters.
Comments are welcome and you are free to change and enhance it.

It can be downloaded from the User Library on Liine.net

Attached files

Posted : 08/09/2015 2:24 pm
 Gary

This look really good. I may have to pick up Lemur just to get this.

Can Lemur also be used to perform other edits of the SYSEX Messages for parameters like Envelope Levels and Rates? Also can it support multiple pages (For example a page for each operators or a separate page for Envelopes and another for Oscillator Parameters like Detuning and Keyboard Scaling)? If so then it may be able to be a portable editing surface for the REFACE DX.

Posted : 10/09/2015 6:10 pm
 Tom
Topic starter

You can do a lot with Lemur. Far beyond the scope of my capabilities.
You can use the Lemur controllers to send sysex and can also use different screens for different parameters, so yes, you can make an extensive editor for the DX.
The problem is that it can become pretty complex with writing scripts to make your own templates.
The manual, forum and user library on the Liine site are very informative though.

On the moment I don't understand sysex and MIDI implementation charts, so the Lemur template for the Reface DX is CC parameters only.
I hope to learn how to 'read sysex', so if anyone has a clue on how to understand these matter.... 😉

Posted : 11/09/2015 7:39 am
 Tom
Topic starter

I just uploaded version 1.2 of the Lemur template.
I added a LFO page and a primitive randomizer.

Posted : 21/09/2015 4:31 pm
 Gary

Tom,

Thanks for this. You inspired me to get the Lemur App for my IPAD. I attempted to make a full patch editor for the REFACE DX. This template is on the Lemur User Library. I took we a few days to understand the SysEx programming and Lemur paradyme. The hardest part was understanding how 5 data packets of the Midi SYSEX Dump were packaged as Yamaha's documentation was not very clear.

I also ended up modifying the FADERLAB Template for the reface to have quasi-LFO's for the Amplitude and Feedback elements like you did in your update.

I will be using Lemur a lot for many applications beyond just the REFACE DX.

Posted : 29/09/2015 2:45 pm
 Tom
Topic starter

Great!

I'm going to try your template today.
I hope it can learn me also some stuff about sysex.

Posted : 30/09/2015 8:30 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us