Notifications
Clear all

Motif XS to S70/90XS

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Michele
Topic starter

To keep things simple and to make this question easy to understand, what kind of Motif XS data a S70/90XS is able to import?
In other words, will S70/90XS be able to import the whole data, .X0A file i.e. Voices. Performances, Arpeggios etc.or just a part of it?
Thanks

Posted : 28/11/2017 10:27 pm
Bad Mister

Just part of it. The S90XS/S70XS does not have a Song or Pattern Mode, nor can it Load User samples... therefore only some of the data can be imported from a Motif XS File.

The S-series can load the Motif XS ALL data (.X0A), ALL VOICE (.X0V), ALL ARPEGGIO (.X0G), and Motif XS Editor (.X0E)
What it imports is the Voices, and the Arpeggios

Posted : 29/11/2017 3:05 am
Michele
Topic starter

Bad Mister wrote:

Just part of it. The S90XS/S70XS does not have a Song or Pattern Mode, nor can it Load User samples... therefore only some of the data can be imported from a Motif XS File.

The S-series can load the Motif XS ALL data (.X0A), ALL VOICE (.X0V), ALL ARPEGGIO (.X0G), and Motif XS Editor (.X0E)
What it imports is the Voices, and the Arpeggios

Thanks for your reply Mighty Bad Mister
Will I succeed importing Motif XS Performances into S70/90XS? Is there a particular way to accomplish this?
Assuming S70/90XS has the same Voices/Bank layout of a Motif XS, will be also Performances loadable?
Thanks

Posted : 29/11/2017 9:59 am
Bad Mister

I don't recall that the layout of S90 XS/S70 XS Voices are the same. In fact, I'm pretty sure they are different. Yamaha always put a different piano in the S-series from what was in the Motif XS. I do not recall that there is any compatibility with PERFORMANCE data. I will double check, but it is not mentioned anywhere and Performances are so easy to build, just go ahead and put them together.

Posted : 07/12/2017 9:01 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us