Clear all

S90xs, ouptputs?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi!

I have a gig coming up with a singer.

I want to run her microphone through the s90xs and then have both the piano and her voice go to my two powered speakers - no problem!

But, is there a way to have her voice go to a separate monitor as well?
Can the assignable outputs be used in any way to accomplish that?

I need her voice and the piano L&R to my speakers and also her voice to a separate monitor. (And no, I do not want to bring my mixer to the gig)

Kind regards from Sweden!

Posted : 30/09/2014 12:37 pm
Bad Mister

No, not really. The A/D Input Part can be routed either to your main L/R outputs or to the assignable L/R outputs; you cannot send it both places (which is what I guess you are asking). If you need the signal in two different places, you have defined the need for a mixer, but you seem to know this already). 🙂

Perhaps the reason you don't want to take your mixer is because your mixer is BIG and bulky. We have a convenient solution for keyboard players in your situation. Yes, it is a mixer but it small, rugged, and electronically advanced enough to be in any serious keyboardists rig - for just the situation you require. The Yamaha MG06 or MG06X (the "X" is the one with effects).

It is metal construction, can mount on a microphone stand, killer Yamaha D-Pre (Class "A") mic preamp with +48V phantom capability on channels 1 and 2, two stereo channels for keyboards and has both stereo 1/4" outputs and XLR outputs (that are both "live" simultaneously) so you can use it as a "splitter" to send your signal to both your personal monitor rig and to the main Front-Of-House mixer. It is not expensive and does a great job (I use it personally and can highly recommend it).

And it fits in the utility pouch on your keyboard's soft case or throw it in your cable bag (seriously, it's all metal construction). It's a solution for what you need. They just came out and are selling like hot cakes here in the States (not sure if they are available in your market yet - but definitely worth checking out).

Hope that helps.

Posted : 30/09/2014 1:40 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us