Notifications
Clear all

Using Cubase AI 5 to record some MIDI and cannot export to audio mixdown

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello
I'm trying for a couple of hours trying to export something that recorded with the synth and a guitar audio through Guitar Rig 5.
i go to File > Export > export to audio mixdown...
there is an attachment of the dialog that i get to export the audio mix.
I could get the following results, i dont understand why and how:
- CPU overload, dont understand why because i have 16Gb of RAM and a core i5 6th
- disk overload, niente di niente, here I dont understand anything
- only export the audio from the guitar, that is an audio track

I have checked many videos and forums but dont get any solution, and i'm pretty upset
the only way that i could mix my audio is very neandethalic
- save the guitar audio (if i achieve it)
- save everything as MIDI file
- save the MIDI file in an USB drive
- connect the drive to the S70XS
- play the MIDI through Multi seq play and record from the synth with audio rec/play
- then mix everything in audacity or something
pretty dumb.

Disclaimer, I'm trying to learn by myself how to do it, i have little idea of what to do or how to use Cubase and stuff.

Another question is that in some videos i see a very long list in "Channel Selection" so, why i have just the "master" as is shown in the screenshot ?

I guess that i am very very lost.

Help me pls, thanks in advance

Attached files

Posted : 13/05/2017 5:03 pm
Bad Mister

MIDI data is a series of coded messages that "represent" the music. In a similar manner to how notation "represents" the music or the holes punched in the paper of a Piano Roll. MIDI data cannot be heard, it must be played back to an appropriate tone generator which can read the coded messages and turn them into audio. Audio can then be sent to the computer DAW (Cubase) where you can record it - document it as Wav data. Until you have an audio connection between the S70 XS and the computer you cannot create the audio Wave or use the Export Audio Mixdown routine.

You have an S70 XS, this outputs MIDI data only via USB connection to the computer.

So when you record to Cubase, you are recording a series of "coded messages". You can edit these messages - to perfect your performing, you can quantize, time shift, even correct incorrect notes, etc. you play it back by sending the newly edited coded messages to the S70 XS.

You must now connect the main L&R Outputs of the synthesizer to an appropriate Audio Interface. The job of the Audio Interface is to receive external audio and convert it to digital signal for storage on the computer. It also receives audio from the computer and routes it to your Studio Monitor speaker. The Audio Interface can also route incoming analog signal directly to your speakers (without going through the computer).

It is this portion of the setup that you mention nothing about in your post. And is likely the reason you have been unsuccessful.
The reason an external device is necessary is that the computer does not have the hardware to do the analog to digital conversion along with the hardware to handle the connections coming in from the sources you will want to use (synthesizer's, microphones, guitars, etc.), nor does it have the outputs for the Studio Monitor speakers you will want to use in your home setup.

The audio interface will use a very low latency driver - this is necessary for recording and overdubbing music. The "built-in" audio systems and connections on even the most powerful computers are NOT geared for the type of recording you want to do.

You need to get an Audio Interface - there are several types from just two inputs and up - depending on how many musicians or instruments you wish to record simultaneously.

Hope that gets you started in the right direction. Let us know if you have other questions.

Posted : 13/05/2017 9:22 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us