Notifications
Clear all

Cannot log in Soundmondo app in iPhone. #LoginGate

22 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
Jason
Illustrious Member

iOS 14.8.1 retested today and still broken. "You" login to account doesn't work as previously described.

This time after testing I removed Soundmondo by deleting the app then reinstalled. The reinstalled app also failed in the same manner.

I'm tapped out until there is either a backend fix that successfully connects with this existing client or there's a new client that matches up with whatever backend change broke the authentication process.

Posted : 17/12/2021 5:00 pm
Werner

For me the login is also still not possible with iOS Client app - same as Jason, nether on iPad nor on iPhone (both running latest iOS version 15.2).
My credentials are correct - they are working in the browser...

Pretty anoying...

Posted : 14/01/2022 11:29 am
Bad Mister

Werner,
Does the iOS App work to Capture and restore sounds from/to your supported hardware?

Posted : 14/01/2022 2:35 pm

I can reproduce the issue on iOS 14.8.1 using Soundmondo 2.7.4 (68) with no device attached. Logging into your account to browse does not require a device connected (or should not) so testing was done with no keyboard device connected.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Terminate any running soundmondo app to start from a clean slate
2) Select soundmondo icon to load
3) Select "Perf" tab and in upper right touch the "hamburger" icon which is 3 lines inside a lighter grey circle which pops up a circular menu then select the gear which brings up a menu
4) From the menu which shows "Instrument", "Soundmondo Account", "Bluetooth MIDI Devices", etc ... touch the "Soundmondo Account" line - this pops up a login screen
5) From "Soundmondo Sign In" screen, I enter my correct email address and password combination for Soundmondo
6) Error is shown "Failed to sign-in. Please confirm your username and password".

NOTE: The same login information is used on the Web-Based Soundmondo using Chrome (on a Mac) and this logs me in fine. The credentials that are working fine for the Soundmondo web version are not working for the iOS app.

I have seen this feature as off and on in terms of functionality. Since signing on is not necessary to do certain things - I don't always login and therefore would miss if it was working or not.

I think whatever method Soundmondo uses for checking credentials is broken. This is not related to running Soundmondo on iOS 15 (I'm still using 14).

I can confirm this exact problem with iOS 15.1 on iPhone as well.
I can capture and restore sounds alright but if I wanted to share to the network it would not be under my username because I can't log in.
And If I delete the app and download again - the data is lost because there is no user behind the data.
Chrome works fine
Just the login within the iOS app is broken.

Hope for a fix soon

Posted : 21/01/2022 3:10 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Good news: Soundmondo login using iOS 14 worked for me today. 1/25/2022.

Posted : 26/01/2022 4:53 am
Member Admin

Which way is the wind blowing?

And how are you holding it?

Posted : 26/01/2022 5:28 am
Werner

Same for me! I was able to log in Soundmondo and upload patches. Tested with iPad Pro 2018 model and iPhone 12 - both i(Pad)OS 15.2.

Thx for fixing Yamaha!

br
Werner

Posted : 26/01/2022 8:03 am
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us