Synth Forum

How do I select whi...

Notifications
Clear all

How do I select which midi output I want to use on the soundmondo site? I have multiple. Windows computer

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I'm using the Opera browser on WIndows 8, have enabled web midi support, but have no way of knowing which midi output it's connecting to. Is there a fix for this? I have multiple midi outputs on my computer. I'd like to try to play with sounds on this website, but it doesn't seem to connect to the right midi output. Trying with my new MODX6. The midi devices are shown in my device manager.

Thanks
Dave

Posted : 14/11/2018 1:42 am
Bad Mister

As far as I know, the recommended browser is still "Google Chrome".

Posted : 14/11/2018 6:20 am

As far as i know, "Google Chrome" can only find and read 1 MIDI device for each connection to SoundMondo. My Win X (music) computers didn't work, but my laptop works fine with only the Yamaha MIDI driver and my MODX6 connected. Keep it simple 🙂
Set MODX to USB MIDI and MIDI block delay to 0 milliseconds.

The display will show "Bulk data loading" when it is working.
Sounds are downloaded to the data buffer, so you need to use "Store" to keep them.

Posted : 24/12/2018 11:11 pm
Bad Mister

For clarity’s sake: the MODX does NOT use the “Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver”, at all... you should use the “Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver”... What’s in a name? ...these are two different drivers.

The refaceCP/CS/DX/YC, for example, use the “Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver”; while the MONTAGE, MODX, MX, and MOXF series use the “Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver”... they are not interchangeable.

Posted : 26/12/2018 11:48 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us