Notifications
Clear all

Request to community members having Soundmondo browser issues

27 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes

Update. I was able to get it running on an old version of chrome on OSX
This version works.:
Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Updating Chrome to latest version produce the same garbled screen as Martin and I have shared above. (On Linux, Mac and Windows.)
This version do not work:
Version 63.0.3239.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Which version did you use to verify soundmondo? and did you clear your cache?

Posted : 21/12/2017 9:23 pm
Martin
Eminent Member

mikael wrote:
Just bought the Reface DX and one of the factors where the ability to have a library off the instrument.
I should of course have researched more and not just trusted your sales material,
but it was hard to check because the site only allow access to create when hardware is attached.

You can download most of the usercreated Reface patches from the Soundmondo website as offline SysEx files from my pseudo-mirror website:
soundmondo.martintarenskeen.nl

No connected Reface DX needed, you can use any webbrowser, just download.

For offline editing you can use Ctrlr and my Reface DX Panel for Ctrlr.

I am working on new editors for Reface CS, CP, and CP.

Still, I hope Yamaha will fix the problems with the Yamaha website soon. AND I hope more browsers will support the Web-MIDI API in the near future.
Which reminds me: The Opera browser does. Web_MIDI is supported on Opera browsers. I will try soundmondo on an Opera browser, and report back.

Edit: I just installed the latest stable version of the Opera browser, desktop edition, and Soundmondo works perfectly. So if you are having Chrome browser problems try installing Opera. The problem is maybe is not Yamaha's fault. The Chrome developers should fix this, but theYamaha Soundmondo developers might want to help them.

Posted : 29/12/2017 2:49 pm

Martin wrote:

You can download most of the usercreated Reface patches from the Soundmondo website as offline SysEx files from my pseudo-mirror website:
soundmondo.martintarenskeen.nl

No connected Reface DX needed, you can use any webbrowser, just download.

For offline editing you can use Ctrlr and my Reface DX Panel for Ctrlr.

Oh.. This is great. This is just what I needed. And also thanks for converting all the legacy patches to reface DX.
I was worried I would end up being stuck with the 32 existing patches on the reface DX and no way to load other without the soundmondo website.
With your creations above the reface DX suddenly is a lot more interesting. Thanks!!

p.s. thanks for checking opera. Until now I've been running a frozen backlevel version of chrome (v.62) which work with soundmondo.
Running a current version of opera is a lot easier.

Regards.
Mikael

Posted : 30/12/2017 10:36 pm

I got the same issue running Chrome 63 on Windows 8.1 or Chromium 63 on Linux Mint 18.3. Fortunately I own another computer with Chromium 59 on Linux Fedora 24 where soundmondo works.
Regards,
Michel

Posted : 01/01/2018 5:38 pm
Martin
Eminent Member

michel wrote:

I got the same issue running Chrome 63 on Windows 8.1 or Chromium 63 on Linux Mint 18.3. Fortunately I own another computer with Chromium 59 on Linux Fedora 24 where soundmondo works.
Regards,
Michel

Have you tried Opera as alternative browser? Works here, both on Windows and Linux.

I hope one day Mozilla (firefox), Microsoft, and Apple browsers will support the WebMIDI API also... I am not a big Chrome fan.

Posted : 03/01/2018 12:09 pm

Hello,

I am using mac OS 10.12.6, and Chrome Version 63.0.3239.108 (Official Build) (64-bit).

I have a reface CS with the latest firmware installed.

Soundmondo and chrome work great when I use a USB cable, however, I can not get soundmondo and chrome to work with the MD-BT01. This would be ideal, and is part of the reason I purchased the MD-BT01.

Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Posted : 04/01/2018 4:37 pm
Member Admin

@rimas,
Thank you for your post and participation. We do not have any additional updates at this time. When we have something to share we will let you and fellow users know.

Best,
Amy - Community Coordinator

Posted : 09/01/2018 7:25 pm

I have the same problem as Martin above.
Using a macbook pro with OS X El Capitan
Chrome version: 63.0.3239.132 (64-bit)

Posted : 04/02/2018 12:40 pm

Hi! I was able to upload 4 patches one day, and now cannot get or put patches anymore. When it was working, it would spill the settings all over the webpage's UI but would function correctly aside from that πŸ™‚ Later that night, with no changes to software, it stopped functioning. I just updated Chrome to see if that could be the issue and also tried Opera. Same problem.

Chrome Version 64.0.3282.140 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Mac OS 10.13.2

Soundmondo reports the DX connected, but clicking Sync doesn't do anything.

My profile page shows the 4 patches that were successfully uploaded:
https://soundmondo.yamahasynth.com/user/4629

Posted : 10/02/2018 3:00 am
 tom

Soundmondo seemingly will connect to my DX, but it will not sync. The details:

I am using Windows 10, 64 bit

I am using Chrome Version 65.0.3325.181

I cannot create or download sounds from Soundmondo.

Please advise.

Thank you.

bangelos@yamaha.com wrote:

Hello Soundmondo community:

We are doing our best to resolve issues with Soundmondo.

If you are having issues we will need the following information:

- Your platform and OS version (like "MacOS Sierra 10.12.5")
- The version of the Chrome browser you are using (located under Chrome/About Google Chrome-something like "Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit)"

Remember: In order to save and sync your reface to soundmondo you must first create an account and log in.

Please provide as much detail beyond "soundmondo isn't working. I can't login". We need as much detail as possible.

Thanks for your patience and rest assured we are working on it.

Posted : 04/04/2018 3:37 pm
 tom

I have an account,

I am logged in.

Soundmondo connects to my DX, will not sync.

Using Windows 10, 64bit

Using Chrome Version 65.0.3325.181

Cannot create or download sounds.

Cache has been cleared.

What is the timeline for fixing the issue?

Thank you!

Posted : 04/04/2018 3:45 pm
Member Admin

Tom,

We are sorry for the difficulties you are experiencing.

When there are multiple MIDI connections with a PC, the WebMIDI component on Soundmondo it fails to connect to a reface correctly. The reface connection indicator, which is placed at the top bar of Soundmondo, is a different module from the WebMIDI component . This means, even if the connection indicator says it is connecting with a reface, it’s possible that the WebMIDI component fails to connect. As actual voice data upload/download goes through the WebMIDI component, if the above case happens, you cannot create or sync voice data.

To confirm if you are experiencing the above case, please answer the following:

1. The connection indicator at the top bar indicates that β€œDX” is connecting.

2. However, when going to β€œCREATE” page, there is no DX front panel image on the page, and it’s not possible to upload any data.

If both of these are yes, there is a possibility of the multiple MIDI device detection issue. Are you connecting another MIDI device to your PC? If so, try disconnecting other devices except your reface and try it again.

We will fix this issue when adding MONTAGE voice upload/download function to Soundmondo, which we will release at the end of this month. Until then, we must rely on this kind of workaround.

Thank you for your patience.

Best,
Amy - Community Coordinator

Posted : 09/04/2018 8:49 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us