Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Soundmondo - can't log in, can't sync

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I want to like this site, but it has some serious web development issues. I can't login-- it just redirects to the login page every time I try. Password reset does nothing. I can sign up for a new account and then it logs me in... until I log out again. Then I can't get back in. When I connect my Reface CP, it says it's connected, but it won't sync, and I'm running the latest version of Chrome. The green light and sync button stay dim. I've tried this on and off over the past several weeks on different computers, and still no luck.

Posted : 09/05/2017 11:34 pm
Bad Mister

The Soundmondo site is currently under repair... please be patient, it should be back shortly.

Posted : 10/05/2017 12:30 am

Hi can you give a timeframe on when this will be sorted? Just bought a CS, just got an account set up and then having the same problems as mentioned above. Bought it to use for some live performances starting in August. Will this website be stable enough to be relied on for gigs? Not trying to sound sarcastic, I really need to know because if not I'll keep the thing in the studio and use something else.

Posted : 14/05/2017 10:21 am
Bad Mister

Yes, it will be stable - that is, most certainly, the plan. Currently, behind the scenes, the site is currently under some construction... I'm not an IT person so I can't explain the complexities of what they're doing but they are in the process of moving things around in the backend when certain anomalies started happening out front. The Soundmondo site has grown quite nicely and as a 'new concept' I don't anyone expected or dared to dream it would be so successful. It's in trying to improve things that there are a few hiccups...

There are well over 10,000 sounds already. I'm sure they are diligently working on getting things back up and running as quickly as is possible. We ask that you please be patient. There is no word that it's going to be a lengthy repair, so that is encouraging. As soon as we get word, we'll pass it on.

https://yamahasynth.com/forum/soundmondo-issues-and-current-situation

Posted : 14/05/2017 10:55 am

Nice to know. I like the concept so when it's back on I'm sure it will be solid. All synths are amazing and very much looking forward to getting another. My only suggestion / feedback as an end user is in the future, when repairs are needed, maybe consider allowing the site to work over the weekend or have a working duplicate on another server you can refer users to, because that's mostly when people are doing shows, etc. It would be really scary to show up for a gig and not be able to load patches.

Posted : 14/05/2017 11:09 am
Bad Mister

It would be really scary to show up for a gig and not be able to load patches.

Absolutely. We highly recommend you download sounds you are potentially going to use so they are on your local device. If you are going to be performing, it is simply the best practice to assemble your sounds and not be down stream from having to depend on an internet connection. I keep scores and scores of sounds that I can access directly. This is the case on iOS (iPhone/iPad) devices with the "reface Capture" app.

Now that said, with Android setups, current situation, is you do need to have an internet connection to access sounds. But this does not change that it is going to be a "best practice" to have your sounds available on the locally so that you have no restrictions to access. So if you are a stage performer and you access Soundmondo from a device that must be online to work, you'll want to find a way to keep your selection of sounds with you.

Hopefully, soon the same capability found on the iOS side will include the Android platform. Thanks for your patience and support.

Posted : 14/05/2017 11:56 am

Ok thanks. Very true but the CS has no way to capture sounds w/ out hooking into soundmondo except for the startup sound from last session as i'm sure you're aware. That said, i didn't know of the app for iphone / ipad and i'll look into that, although only have an android at the moment. Kind of wish there were one of these apps for Android if I'm honest. But all in all the CS alone is a quality keyboard.. no regrets.

Posted : 14/05/2017 3:39 pm
Bad Mister

Kind of wish there were one of these apps for Android if I'm honest.

Have you let the makers of Android know ... it is they that are dragging their feet supporting the music making community! If they knew how many musicians wish the same thing it might light a bigger fire under their efforts!

Posted : 14/05/2017 10:35 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us