Soundmondo on Andro...

Notifications
Clear all

Soundmondo on Android

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Does Soundmondo support using Chrome webmidi on Android? I have a Yamaha CP88 and I am unsuccessful in attempting to use it with any Android device. Most recently, I've tried to use it with a Google Pixel 4a(5G) on both Android 11 and 12 with no success, and previously did not have success with a Samsung Note 8 on Android 10. Android apps that use midi over usb interact just fine with the CP88. When I go to Chrome (Android) and go to Soundmondo, I get a prompt to enable permissions for the site to use midi. I grant the permission, but Soundmondo still says "Disconnected."

Any advice on getting Soundmondo to work on Android? Is there official support for this? Any chance for a native app?

Thanks!

Josh

Posted : 24/10/2021 10:25 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

The problem I've had with Android & MIDI has been more with the hardware than software. I have issues finding USB ports that support the right modes to connect to devices including MIDI ones to "do the right thing". As a workaround I have found that bluetooth MIDI seems to work OK although required - at least with my older Android versions - some additional software to get this going. I haven't tested recently now that 1-2 (maybe more) new Android versions have come out. That'd require a new device I don't own. Still, in general, I would advise bluetooth and also the required interface like MD-BT01 to connect to Android. Since not all Android devices have the same USB implementation - but Bluetooth is standard enough across Android devices both in the hardware and software stack to provide what it takes for WebMIDI applications.

Posted : 25/10/2021 5:03 am
Member Admin

This is a securities issue.

Chromium based browsers have long since upgraded their levels of default/baseline security. Yamaha hasn't matched this, or kept up with it even in things like this forum. SoundMondo is even further behind, unfortunately.

the bluetooth way bypasses this by setting up a different protocol of access.

Posted : 25/10/2021 6:45 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us