Synth Forum

Soundmondo was work...

Notifications
Clear all

Soundmondo was working for about a week, now no longer. What's up?

14 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

This is so frustrating, I was overjoyed to find that it had started working after being down for a few months, only to find today that it yet again fails to sync. The site recognizes my dx as being connected, but when I click sync I'm redirected to the "create a voice" page. This is the same problem as before. Not to mention I was messing around too much with Soundmondo when it was working and now I'm stuck with a handful of sounds that aren't really what I'm looking for. So what's up with this? If this problem persists I might scrap the dx for a Roland or just something else without this web-midi gimmick.

Posted : 23/07/2017 10:57 pm
Member Admin

@Chris,
There should no longer be an issue. Please let us know if the problem persists for you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Amy - Community Coordinator

Posted : 28/07/2017 11:22 am

I just bought my Reface DX and noticed Soundmondo isn't working at the moment... My DX is directly connected via USB to my Mac Pro running MacOS Sierra (10.12.5) and I am using the latest Chrome version. The site recognizes my DX after allowing Chrome to use my MIDI devices, but I can't sync or create any sounds. When I click sync I'm also directed to the "create a voice" page and when creating a voice nothing happens after clicking save.

Hope this will be fixed soon, without the possibility to save additional sounds the DX becomes quite useless in my production workflow.

Posted : 01/08/2017 2:37 pm
Topic starter

Yet again, not working. Dead-ass serious, I am selling this reface dx within a month and getting a Roland if Soundmondo continues to malfunction and I will never buy a Yamaha product ever again. FIX IT. Puhleeease.

Posted : 21/08/2017 10:01 pm
Member Admin

First - we really, really apologize for the inconsistency that Soundmondo has required its users to endure recently. Soundmondo is built for you, and when the users suffer - there are obviously no winners involved. There's been some 'under the hood' issues due to a variety of things, but as of this week - we have a dedicated team ensuring these issues get addressed, and moving forward - we'll be dedicating more resources to making Soundmondo the absolute best tool it can be. We'll update you ASAP on when these issues have been resolved. Once again - thanks for letting us know, and also once again - we're extremely sorry for the frustration. We'll do our best to make this right.

Amy - Community Coordinator

Posted : 24/08/2017 5:24 pm

It's November and I have this issue as well. Mac OS Sierra, Chrome Recognizes the Reface DX. I have updated the Reface DX Software to 1.30. It's synced as in the green light is lit, but it just directs me to the "create a sound page" when I try to sync it and get or put my sounds on there.

Posted : 27/11/2017 3:18 pm
Member Admin

Hi alexander & Chris:

We've done some adjustments and tested - appears to be all good now. Please test and let us know how it goes. Thanks!

All the best,

Cassie
Community Team

Posted : 30/11/2017 6:40 pm
Topic starter

still not working. same old

Posted : 01/12/2017 2:43 am
Topic starter

I've cleared my cache, I'm signed in, I connect the reface, it says it's connected, I click on sync and it brings be to a page to create a voice, with none of the numerical parameters at the top of the page. There is never anything else wrong with the site. Only this problem. It has been the same problem ever since I first got my dx.

Posted : 04/12/2017 9:26 pm
Topic starter

running chrome version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit) on mac os high sierra 10.13.1

Posted : 04/12/2017 9:57 pm
Bad Mister

chris wrote:

running chrome version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit) on mac os high sierra 10.13.1

Is the reface DX firmware 1.30?

Posted : 05/12/2017 8:49 am
Topic starter

I'm not sure what it's running but i tried to download the firmware update for it anyway and that doesn't seem to work. there don't seem to be any clear instructions as to how to install it. i ran the update with the dx plugged in and turned on but nothing happened.

Posted : 07/12/2017 6:40 am
Topic starter

made the update work, updated to 1.3, thought that might have been the issue but everything is still malfunctioning as usual. i even cleared my cache again with my fingers crossed....

Posted : 07/12/2017 5:08 pm
Member Admin

Chris,

We have escalated your issue for additional testing. We will let you know when we have more information to share.

Thank you for your continued participation in the forum.

Best,

Amy - Community Team

Posted : 08/12/2017 2:30 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us