Synth Forum

USB Power For Devic...

Notifications
Clear all

USB Power For Devices - What Works For You?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Jason
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

This one belongs in Non-Synth Talk but that category was locked up a long time ago. Synth 101 is the closest thing.

With my keyboard rig, I currently also carry an extension cord, power strip, and USB charger with more ports than I need for the 2 devices I use (an iPad for my music and a Phone I use to record the shows w/video). Both of these devices are connected to the USB charger which is plugged into the power strip which is plugged into the extension cord. Also plugged into the power strip is my keyboard. Sometimes I also have an effect pedal to plug into the power strip. The strip just has 3 connectors - it's small, not much length in the power cable, and packs well.

For others that have a need to keep USB devices charged as well as plug in a few power devices - I'm wondering what has worked well for you.

Right now I'm considering the UGREEN 65W DigiNest Cube Charging Station Power Strip (aka 65W USB C GaN Charging Station-7 Ports Desktop Charger)

The nice thing about it is that it has a couple of USB-C, a couple USB-A, AND has 3 power outlets integrated, and a sort of long power cable. I'm thinking I can ditch my current USB charger, power strip, and extension cord and replace all of that with this. I kind of wish it was flat instead of a cube - but I'm thinking it will still fit in my backpack I keep my gear in and probably overall take less space than the stuff it's replacing.

Any other ideas?

Posted : 14/08/2023 2:54 am
Prominent Member

Right now I'm considering the UGREEN 65W DigiNest Cube Charging Station Power Strip (aka 65W USB C GaN Charging Station-7 Ports Desktop Charger)

Hmmm - Maybe I looked up the wrong one
https://www.ugreen.com/products/ugreen-65w-usb-c-diginest-cube-charging-station

That spec sheet includes:

Voltage 240 Volts

Do they make a 120 volt? Or is 240 volts what you are looking for?

The actual plug in the pictures looks like a standard 3 prong 120V plug and not a 240 volt plug
with one L-shaped prong.

Posted : 14/08/2023 3:14 am
Jason
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

On amazon the specs for AC output is 120-240V. So I imagine this can work with either as it wouldn't make much sense to "output" 120V (which just means the input is 120V -- the 3 power connectors don't provide any isolation as far as I know -- just spiced off the input power) and only accept 240V. I also see US reviews that don't complain and that tips off that the model with the standard US-style power connector (there's also a UK version) works fine at the 120V low-line voltage.

The bottom of the thing advertises low-line (125V~50/60Hz):

The above was from a review of this charger.

Posted : 14/08/2023 4:17 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us