Notifications
Clear all

AN1x help with exporting/uploading sounds & using as controller keyboard

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello,
I have a Yamaha AN1x and recently purchased a new sound bank download, which contains .mid files. I would like to save my current sounds to my windows 10 computer, ideally in .syx format, then upload the new sounds to the synth. How might I accomplish this?

Also, I would like to use my Yamaha AN1x as a controller keyboard for a recently purchased Korg Volca FM synth, via midi (the Korg has MIDI in), but I can't seem to figure out how to set that up. Please help! I love this synth, but some things that seem like they should be easy to make happen elude my ability at this point.

Thank you,
-Jacob Prestidge

Posted : 03/01/2018 1:25 am
Bad Mister

AN1x Owner’s Manual

You can SAVE your current AN1x as outlined on page 94 “Bulk Dump”... you will need to get a Windows program that can capture the Bulk Dump (MIDI-OX works well). Read the Manual, make a bulk of “all” data.

Does the library you purchased come with load instructions (can’t imagine they’d sell you sounds without instructions on loading them)... I’m sure you need only play the MIDI File back to the AN1X ... the Bulk Dump information can be captured in a standard MIDI File...

Posted : 03/01/2018 4:01 am
Michele

Jacob, if you install AN1x Edit under Windows 10 utilizing Windows XDP SP3 compatibility mode, you can manage your AN1x more easily.

A .MID file can be played back by a simple Windows Media Player, provided that AN1x is hooked to the computer via a MIDI interface.

Posted : 26/04/2018 4:40 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us