Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

DX7/SY77/TG77 question

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

We would like to add a marimba voice to a community center pipe organ, but have no room for the real thing. I'm told that these Yamaha synths have good marimba voices, and we have a way to produce a MIDI signal to key it. My question is this: If we set up the voicing the way we want, can any (or all) of these products be made to power up with those settings? In other words, will it turn on with everything the way it was when last powered down, so that no buttons have to be pushed?

Thanks in advance.

Posted : 16/06/2017 1:42 pm
Bad Mister

Sorry, while I remember well the DX7, SY/TG77, I don't recall about whether or not you can select the sound that they power on with... Your best bet is to call Customer Support.

Even if it does not store a particular sound at Power On you can create a program Change command to make that happen.

It is not clear which one of these items you have... FM Synthesis is what does the stellar job of mallet sounds like Marimbas, vibraphones, etc. etc., You do not have to reach back into the 1980's for those sounds... the refaceDX does every bit as good a Marimba sound as those '80's icons! It's a current mini-Key synth but you can MIDI to it to play it from your favorite controller.

Worth a listen...

Posted : 19/06/2017 3:53 pm
Topic starter

Thank you for your reply. We haven't purchased any synth yet. I think the person who asked for my help was under the impression that all three used basically the same engine.

I'll check out the refaceDX - I've seen that one demonstrated online.

Thanks again!

Posted : 20/06/2017 3:13 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us