Notifications
Clear all

S80 Action/Velocity Repair

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Matt
Topic starter

I have a ~20 year old S80 that I've used pretty heavily over the last two decades. I've put this off for a long time, but the action/velocity across the keyboard is definitely worn and uneven.

What's the best way to get this repaired? Can I clean it myself and will that do enough, or should I take it in for repair and possible replacement of parts? I've opened it up myself many times and am comfortable/familiar with the components.

Thanks!

Posted : 04/02/2021 12:55 am
Bad Mister

What's the best way to get this repaired? Can I clean it myself and will that do enough, or should I take it in for repair and possible replacement of parts?

An authorized service center will clean your unit and assess whether parts need replacement. If you feel comfortable opening and cleaning your instrument, no harm in doing so (remember to unplug it completely). I’m afraid warranty has timed out (lol).

But after 20+ years, it might need more than that... the best way to know is to contact an authorized service center... or contact your regional Yamaha distributor (see back of your Owner’s Manual for contact information).

Posted : 04/02/2021 9:40 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us