Notifications
Clear all

Yamaha CP30 electr(on)ic piano

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi there,
I have a Yamaha CP30 electr(on)ic piano that I really like. I don't know if you can call it a synth though. It is a piano but it is pure electronic, in contrast with famous electric pianos like the Fender Rhodes. But it has a great "piano-touch", it looks great, it was cheap and if you plug it in an electric guitar amplifier it sounds nice, especcially when using phaser pedals etc. I can make it sound a bit like a Fender Rhodes, but then at a fraction of the cost!
A sustain pedal is essential for that kind of sound and here is my problem/question:
when I push my sustain pedal I get a high-pitched sound, one note, something like an overpowered signal or an electric guitar that is in overdrive. On my guitars I like that, but with my piano I don't.
Does anybody recognize this and know what is the problem here and more important: what can I do about it?

thanks in advance!
Marcel, Amsterdam

Attached files

Posted : 23/08/2016 8:10 am
Bad Mister

I will forward your question to our Customer Service department (we have folks who date back to the days when the CP30 was current)... How many Hall and Oates hits were made with a CP30???

Posted : 23/08/2016 2:16 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us