Notifications
Clear all

Yamaha DX7iiD My A/B button stopped lighting up or responding

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello all,

New member here. I recently scored a completely stock Yamaha DX7IID, the thing is in perfect condition for its age. Everything was working perfectly and I decided to connect my iPad to the Synth to use PatchBase iOS App. To do so I went in and changed the midi channels and device channels. After doing this I then noticed that my A/B button does not respond or light up anymore. Did I do something for this to happen? Was it just bad luck and the button just went out? Could it be a setting?

Thanks,

TMN

Posted : 15/12/2017 5:03 pm
Bad Mister

It's been thirty years, so forgive my ring rust... but the [A]/ button works in DUAL and SPLIT Modes.

It is unlikely that any MIDI connection or change in the Channel number or Device number would cause a problem. If you are not in Dual or Split, the button does not light or change anything.

Posted : 15/12/2017 5:29 pm
Topic starter

OMG! Thank you for your response. I believe this might be a clear example of "user error", I'm not in front of the synth right now but as soon as I get there I will be sure to get to DUAL or SPLIT mode if I want to engage the A/B button. I will keep you posted.

Thanks so much.

Posted : 15/12/2017 5:44 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us