Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Yamaha RY30 Drum Machine/Synth can Tempo be saved in User Patterns?????

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Jim
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hey It has a Mod Wheel,So it is a Synth... Does Anyone Know if Tempo can be saved in a User Pattern?? The Preset Patterns have Tempo Saved in them.. Thanks..I Know it is Old,But it is Still One of the Best Funky Machines Ever Built!!!!! Thanks...

Posted : 27/10/2018 12:43 am
Bad Mister

It had a MW that could act as PB Wheel! And you could edit and program Voices... so Yes, it very much was a Synthesizer!

That’s a long time ago! Back then (if memory serves) Pattern Tempo was only recalled with the Preset Patterns (they had a “suggested” tempo...) fear was no one would recognize the grooves if just left at the last set tempo. Tempo was very much a real-time parameter in the User Pattern area.

In fact, if memory serves me, a Song could be stored with an “Initial Tempo” only if you turned the function “On”. That’s because, mostly back then, drum machines were separate products used in larger systems where the Sequencer was responsible for Tempo Clock. So mostly your drum machine was set to MIDI SYNC = MIDI because tempo was coming from another device.

_ You can place your Pattern in a Song, Set “Initial Tempo” to On, the Song will store your tempo...
_ You can set the MIDI SYNC = MIDI and use an external device to be Master clock (if you must be in Pattern mode).

Posted : 27/10/2018 11:00 pm
 Jim
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks PC.. Its Jimmy from Jersey..AKA YamahaJim... You actually Convinced Me to buy My first RY30....at Eddies MY store..

Posted : 29/10/2018 5:12 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us