Clear all

Get massive 16 operator FM or 18 bar Hammond on YC

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
david
Reputable Member
Topic starter

One correction in the title and this ridiculous system calls it "your content as spam". This is total BS, please remove that annoying feature.

So I'm attempting to liven up this boring YC forum.

Get a super saw or massive deluxe organ tone in a flash on the YC.

As we know the YC can actually play 2 organs at once or all 16 operator FM draws going simultaneously.

Yamaha continually limits us to using 2 separate keyboards OR having to split the keyboard but....

Simply plug your midi in and out together using one midi cable. The ole midi jumper trick.

Set the YC to double sources, confirm both upper and lower are playing simultaneously on the keys. Turn one off and other on with different bar selected.

On the screen both upper and lower should appear with one displaying "EXT" and the other playing on all keys.

I recommend cranking up the rotor to over 100 in the settings and turning on the EQ set to personal taste.

Then offset the octaves of each of the upper & lower to personal taste. I set one low and the other I play around with.

IF you don't offset them then they play on top of one another, HOWEVER you can hear the contrast in the same octaves & if you hit the mod level you will get a cool chorusing effect.

Sadly you can only individually adjust octaves and nothing else is separate except for the Hammond percussion AND individual vib/chorus either on or off per part.

Yamaha not thinking outside of the box here. Would be cool if volume and drive could be set separately too or offset pitches slightly between the 2.

Set all bars to off on upper one and get the lower to your liking. Then bring in the upper manual frequencies and customize to taste.

Play around with the offset and bars and enjoy. Massive butt kicking super organ. F3 makes an awesome super saw too.

Add effects and it can get even crazier.

With every board Yamaha release I always wonder why they can't implement an internal midi control switch to take full advantage of the capabilities.

I always have to add the midi jumper cable to achieve total domination.

If you need help please ask me.

Posted : 18/02/2021 3:50 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us