Clear all

Is there a way to use a footswitch controller in FC1/2

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi folks,

Does anyone know if there's a way to get the YC88 Foot Controller 1/2 inputs to respond to a footswitch (such as an FC5), rather than a continuous foot controller?

I'd like to use a footswitch on the YC88 to send a MIDI signal to my Reface YC, to control the speed of its rotary speaker. The only way I've been able to get close, so far, is to assign the YC88's 'ASSIGNABLE FOOTSWITCH' to Modulation, which the Reface recognises as rotary speed, but this is not great, for two reasons: (1) it's only momentary control, meaning the rotary goes fast while I hold the pedal down, and drops back to slow on release, and (2) this is a global parameter, so affects all other live sets too.

It seems the Reface only needs a single MIDI value to trigger the speed change -- ie, according to the Reface manual, it recognises CC19 values 96-127 as HIGH. If you continually hit HIGH on the Reface's physical rotary speed lever, it toggles between HIGH and LOW, so I feel if I was able to fire it a 96-127 MIDI signal, I might get the same result.

However, the Foot Controller 1/2 inputs don't respond to a binary footswitch, even if I try to limit the min/max values appropriately.

Any ideas? (I'd equally appreciate any other approaches you can suggest for remotely controlling Reface rotary speed with a footswitch).

Cheers.

Posted : 11/04/2022 10:49 am
Eminent Member
Topic starter

This video (from 2:15 onward) shows it being done from a Clavinova.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbDywIyOYb8

Would love the YC88 to control the Reface rotary exactly as he does here -- tap for FAST, tap again for SLOW...

Posted : 11/04/2022 11:06 am
Eminent Member
Topic starter

any ideas? 😉

Posted : 05/05/2022 7:05 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us