Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

It's been a long time & still no OS update?

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
david
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Was curious what's taking so long on the OS update for the YC61.

I know they never talk about dates of updates but is it not going to come until winter NAMM? I hope not that long.

The YC isn't a super sophisticated Montage and some fixes could really boost current sales.

I know the question won't be answered but they've had the IdeaScale list for a while now.

This isn't a scenario like with Montage where Yamaha hides all capabilities from their competitors because the cat is already out of the bag on the YC because it is what it is.

I'm also betting upgrades were in the planning process prior to the release date that weren't quite ready at that time.

I have that feeling it will be winter NAMM before we see anything significant on the YC.

It's no big deal for people who haven't bought one yet but for the pre-order crowd, we don't like to wait.

Posted : 23/09/2020 1:29 am
 Ken

I agree. I've had mine for a couple of months and there's so much to like about it. With just a few extra tweaks this keyboard would be a no brainer.

Posted : 24/09/2020 11:11 am
david
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I like it for what it is but I have the Montage and not sure I need both. It doesn't excel so much that I should keep both.

I would at least like to see the next major OS update before selling it.

Posted : 24/09/2020 6:31 pm
 Jim
Eminent Member

FWIW looks like Yamaha just dropped an updated driver (2.04) for the Steinberg USB Audio interface...although the link isn't active yet.

Posted : 25/09/2020 1:05 am
 Jim
Eminent Member

Well...CP got 1.4 this morning...feeling a little left out but guessing attention is now being turned to the YC...?

Posted : 28/09/2020 12:17 pm
 John

Yes. To be honest I am super interested in buying the YC61 but I just keep reading how bad the rotary sim is. Yamaha let us know what is up with this! Will there be an update in the works or not ?

Posted : 10/10/2020 1:50 am

AFAIK, Yamaha never announce any OS updates in advance.
As the YC61 is part of the new stage series, and the other models (CP73 and CP88) do seem to get regular updates, I would think there should be another one for the YC61 soon (the last one was in April).
I would hope that the rotary sim upgrade would be high on their 'to do' list. There is plenty of comment out there about how bad the fast sim currently is!
I've had my YC61 for a few months now, and for the most part it's a pretty nice board. But I use it with a Neo Vent 2 for the rotary sim.
As far as I am concerned, the current fast sim is unacceptably bad.....I'm sure some folk may not agree with that assessment... 🙂

If Yamaha do offer a significantly improved rotary sim in the next update, I can see YC61 sales going up significantly...

Posted : 10/10/2020 9:59 am
 John

In this case it would be in their interest to announce an update in the works. Almost all the reviews say the rotary is poor or even unusable it is so bad....

Posted : 10/10/2020 5:43 pm
david
Reputable Member
Topic starter

The build and sound quality is great. I'm selling mine however on Reverb currently if anyone is interested at HornzNgear.

I'm going back to a workstation in the Fantom just to check it out. Keeping my Montage for now.

The YC61 is awesome but I'm not a stage performer and I have the CP1. It's a classic.

Posted : 12/10/2020 10:09 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us