Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Layering/Splitting 3 Sounds from one sound section?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Ron
 Ron
Topic starter

Does the YC Series have an "advanced mode" (similar to that of the CP73/88 series) that allows for layering or splitting up to 3 sounds from just one sound section (eg. the "Keys A/B" section)? For example, can a 3-part layer be created using a Rhodes, a DX style piano, and a string section?

Posted : 18/01/2021 8:58 pm
 Jim
Eminent Member

No...although there a single voice in the Piano section that combines acoustic piano and strings with which you could layer on an additional voice from the other keys section to effectively get three layers. You can always use the organ as a third layer as well and probably concoct a string-like sound from it with some finessing.

Posted : 18/01/2021 10:56 pm
Ron
 Ron
Topic starter

Thanks for the response, Jim. Having that advanced 3 layering option offered in the CP series would have been a great feature to carry over into the YC keyboards...
I was considering swapping my CP88 for a YC88, but not having the ability to use any 3 user-defined sounds in splits or layers is a deal breaker. Yamaha had to give some uniqueness to the CP's. I guess I'll have to wait for maybe a "YCP" series keyboard 2 years from now... lol 😉

Posted : 19/01/2021 12:09 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us