Clear all

MIDI question why YC controlling CK has no velocity change

18 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
david
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I did the MIDI monitor and it works normally up to 127 over the USB interface. Of course YC plays correctly internally. I didn't see an option for setting the fixed velocity on either board but might have overlooked it. Seems like when you select "FIXED" it doesn't ask you for a setting, it's only on or off.

I found it and yes that actually worked when set to a max 127 on YC it finally triggered the max. on the CK. So now how do we get it to play correctly when not on fixed?

Not knowing any more than I know it seems that one of the two is dysfunctional when connected together. Any option other than "fixed" doesn't work correctly.

Posted : 02/05/2023 9:59 pm
david
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Here what I think I've discovered. This should be a global fixable issue however it's not which complicates the matter. I think Yamaha can fix the issue so that both boards are on the same velocity scale.

To make a CK voice respond as if it's not set to a "fixed" curve you have to go into "Settings", then "Sound" for each part which is a pain and then into "Touch Sensitivity" and adjust every one you want to fix all just so you can play it on a remote keyboard.

This not only works for the local keys but it also works for the remote keys, finally but sadly isn't a global setting so every dang voice is messed up by default. Yamaha needs to add a global setting that works when on remote and automatically normalizes the two boards. There's obviously some offset or limit in the global universe that prevent an accurate remote playback.

The downside is when you adjust the CK to make the YC work correctly, the CK is now boosted by that default offset which makes it annoying to play locally.

Now let me go back through the CK voices to determine if they feel exciting once again. when played on the YC. I still think there's a problem but this is a rather tedious workaround.

Posted : 03/05/2023 3:01 am

Spam related Bump.

Posted : 04/05/2023 8:48 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us