Clear all

YC-61 Split/layer

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Jim
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi, I already Preordered a YC-61 and Download its Manual and constantly reading it.. I asked earlier if it can Layer 3 ways and Split..This is what I want to find out... Can you make a Split/Layer?? Bass Guitar sound,Not Bass Organ, on Lower side and Upper side have Strings and Organ layered so when I'm playing without a Bass Man, I can Handle it clean and smooth.. Bad Mister , Please Try it and Let Me Know.,Question #2.. When you Edit the Leslie, are the Edits Stored Global or stored with each Organ setup or each Performance.. Thanks Again...YamahaJim from Jersey....

Posted : 13/02/2020 5:10 pm
Bad Mister

Hi Jim,
I don’t have one quite yet... but will find out for you.

Posted : 14/02/2020 8:33 pm
Blake Angelos
Member Admin

Hello Jim,

"Can you make a Split/Layer? Bass Guitar sound,Not Bass Organ, on Lower side and Upper side have Strings and Organ layered so when I'm playing without a Bass Man, I can Handle it clean and smooth."

Yes, you can. You could set the Bass Guitar Sound in Keys A, Strings in Keys B. Those will be Split with Keys A (Bass) on the left and Keys B (Strings) on the right. The Organ Section can be layered all the way across OR you could duplicate your layer using the split in the Organ Section (which is capable of Splitting the Upper and Lower Manuals).

"When you Edit the Leslie, are the Edits Stored Global or stored with each Organ setup or each Performance."

They are stored with each Performance so you can really set the organ sound exactly as you want. One Live Set Sound could be the H1 using the Rotary A with a small amount of horn, lots of rotor and lots of background noise. Another Live Set Sound could have the exact same H1 sound with Rotary A but with ENTIRELY different settings. It's super cool.

Jim: You are going to love the YC61. It's sounds great, plays great, does what you need it to do, is really solid and weights just under 16 lbs!

I have a question for you...Can you handle it clean AND smooth? ;-). I seem to only be able to do it clean OR smooth... ;-(

Posted : 14/02/2020 11:14 pm
 Jim
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks, Yes... Right now I'm using a MODX7 and a VK8m and it sounds Tremendous!!!!! but I'm gonna miss the Rhythm sections on the MODX..I didn't see Rhythm mentioned in YC61 manual..Does the YC-61 have Rhythm patterns?? Thanks..

Posted : 16/02/2020 12:44 am
Bad Mister

No, no rhythm patterns. You can connect an external device (via USB “To Host”, or to the L/R analog inputs) to play audio through the YC61 — separate on board Volume is available in both instances.

The MODX7 and the YC61 is a perfect pairing (the whole rig is like 32 pounds)...

Posted : 16/02/2020 7:43 pm

could I suggest YAMAHA the ability to load import DX7 or FM-X patches created by user into the machine? seeing as I can program my stuff on the montage then insert into the mobile YC-61 that would be swell. it doesn't go against the philosophy of the YC instrument of being immediate and easy to use as well, cause all editing and programming done externally. But what it does do is make the YC a perfect instrument

Posted : 21/02/2020 9:01 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us