Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Are Updates Done?

21 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
 Paul

I imagine most have seen your thoughts, since they are amongst the only hits for the topics on the internet lol. I admit I expected more from what should be a huge community but its relatively silent. You also have an easy to remember tag.

Naturally you can't argue with 'free'; but since the modern world seems to expect updates for their initial investment; I see it more like that perhaps. An update could be anything so there is your value, in time, vs an alternative.

Felt was a widely requested one. Wasn't surprised to see it although grateful for it nonetheless. I won't comment on the YC; as that seems to irritate people around the web, feeling that they were short changed on their CP88 with the release of the bigger brother/hybrid. Scott of course, has a thread covering that too haha.

Posted : 06/10/2021 9:24 pm
Prominent Member

Interestingly the new sounds that were added to the CP (except the Hamburg and Felt piano) are all that were already present on the Yamaha YC.

Good catch! Yes, it looks like the sound sets of the CP and YC are now nearly identical, except for the extra acoustic pianos of the CP and the addition of the FM and organ engine sounds on the YC.

I imagine most have seen your thoughts, since they are amongst the only hits for the topics on the internet lol.

Ha! I didn't realize that!

Posted : 08/10/2021 3:38 pm
paul
 paul

Hi guys,

I wanted to ask, please:

If you perform an update, then does this function wipe your entire memory (ie. the user-locations from page 16 ~ 20), or do you just lose your 'live' settings/patches?

Many thanks in advance.

Paul David Seaman

Posted : 09/10/2021 10:12 pm
Bad Mister

Hi guys,

I wanted to ask, please:

If you perform an update, then does this function wipe your entire memory (ie. the user-locations from page 16 ~ 20), or do you just lose your 'live' settings/patches?

Many thanks in advance.

Paul David Seaman

Please read the instructions that come with the Updater. This is where you are informed….

All the Live Set Sounds and the settings of MENU screens and SETTINGS screens will be initialized by this updater. Please make sure that you have saved all User data to a USB flash drive before performing this update.

Always SAVE your data before executing an update.
There are only two kinds of technology users, those who backup and those who eventually have a catastrophe.
Please be the former. It takes only seconds to make a BACKUP file (.X9A) saving your data and settings, less time to lose it all.

Posted : 10/10/2021 1:28 am
paul
 paul

Hi Bad Mister,

OK, many thanks; I appreciate the confirmation here. I wanted to double-check beforehand, and I'm glad that I did!

Cheers,

Paul

Posted : 14/10/2021 2:30 pm

Lastest update size was 1.8 GB. I'm expecting internal memory to be 2.0 GB, so there is still room for two to three updates with new voices.

Posted : 22/10/2021 7:50 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us