Notifications
Clear all

CP88 Loading extra Piano Samples

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Paul
Topic starter

Is it not possible to load extra piano sounds on the CP88 from say K-Sounds or Synthonia like Steinway and Bechstein Piano samples as you can do this on the Korg Kronos,also i find the Pianos on the CP88 very bright, is there any way to Load a CF piano sample onto the CP88 as i like this sample on my CP4 Stage Piano.

Posted : 17/03/2019 12:37 pm
Bad Mister

Repeated from your previous post...

Is it not possible to load extra piano sounds on the CP88 from say K-Sounds or Synthonia like Steinway and Bechstein Piano samples as you can do this on the Korg Kronos,also i find the Pianos on the CP88 very bright is there a way to make them less brighter is there any way to Load a CF piano sample onto the CP88 as i like this sample on my CP4 Stage Piano.

Hi Paul, if you wish to “load” extra piano sounds then you’re interested in a keyboard from Yamaha like the MONTAGE, not the Stage Pianos (CP) products being discussed here. That would be more apples to apples...

The term “bright” could be a function of what you are listening through and the space in which you are listening in. To say the pianos are bright would be inaccurate, the system might be bright due to other factors. The best way to make the “very brightl sound “less brighter” is reproduce the instrument with a different sound system or setting within the listening environment. It is not always just the speakers you are monitoring, but the room in which you are listening to the sound in. The CPs feature a Master EQ that can compensate for room acoustics.

You can eliminate the room and speakers entirely by using a quality set of headphones. You’ll find that Yamaha has done a spectacular job of delivering the sound of these acoustic pianos, accurately. Brightness if not recorded in the original signal, is impossible to add, but brightness can be reduced through very typical means of Equalization...

Posted : 17/03/2019 12:54 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us