Notifications
Clear all

CP88/73 Mono Question

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Quick question about the new stage pianos -

The CP4 included mono versions of each piano sampled. I found this to be one of the most useful features of the model in practical performance cases where stereo-split output is not possible due to being given only one DI or running the keys through a mono amp.

Does the CP88/73 have a similar solution for situations that necessitate mono playing? I've found there to be a significant difference in the sound quality selecting the mono voices vs simply running the stereo samples out of the "L/MONO" output when stereo is not a possibility on the old model. Thanks in advance!

Posted : 26/03/2019 3:47 pm
Bad Mister

We are awaiting more details and will pass this along.

Posted : 28/03/2019 8:56 pm
Prominent Member

There don't appear to be any mono pianos in the data list, unless maybe something is mono and not just marked that way. But that doesn't necessarily mean that there may not be pianos in here that work quite well in mono. I'd be curious to hear people's experiences. Are people happy with the CP88/73's piano sounds if they need to play in mono? Have you found that certain CP pianos work better than others for this situation?

Posted : 13/04/2021 2:38 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us