4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Jens
Topic starter

Hello there!

i finally have my dream combo:
- a portable CP73 for gigging and rehearsing
- a kawai VPC1 midi controller to drive that CP73 at home but with a finer touch

BUT: there seems to be an issue with the MIDI-communication. I play the VPC1 so that it uses the CP73 voices.

Regularly the sustain pedal "hangs". When I play notes and release the pedal, the notes remain sustaining. New notes are not. When i press the pedal again, the new notes do not sustain. After a while, it works fine again...

The same occurs when using the sustain pedal of the VPC1 but when i play the CP73 keys...

This does not occur when using the VPC1 on a virtual instrument through my laptop.

Question is: is it a CP73 issue, a VPC1 issue or the combination of both?

Posted : 06/11/2021 11:00 am
Bad Mister

In general, the keyboard that you have your fingers on, is the keyboard where the Sustain pedal should be plugged in.

I cannot tell if you are saying this or the opposite. But the keyboard acting as “controller” should be the one with the controllers. Make sense? You don’t plug the Sustain pedal into the computer when you are playing plugins, right?

Posted : 06/11/2021 11:48 am
Prominent Member

Have you tried running the VPC1's pedal calibration tool in this configuration?

Posted : 06/11/2021 12:13 pm
 Jens
Topic starter

Pedal is connected to the VPC1.

I can immediately reproduce the issue by changing to another live set on the CP73 --> pedal VPC1 stops working instantly.

Powering off/powering on the CP73 --> pedal VPC1 starts working again.

By the way, I tried hooking everything up to my Clavinova CLP240. There, everything works fine except for the other problem that no matter what voice you select on the CLP, it always sounds like voice 1 (piano). The local CLP keyboard does play the correct sound :-d

Posted : 06/11/2021 12:53 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us