Notifications
Clear all

Update 1.5: please rise up headphone volume

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
 ser
Topic starter

I've just bought a Cp-88 with os 1.4. Tried to play with severals professional headphones as Audio Thechnica, Sennehiser and Beyerdynamic, with impedence from 32, 64 to 600 ohm. Nothing changed. Volume is still too low compared to any other keyboard in my studio as Kaway Mp7 or Roland Rd2000.
I think headphone amplifier is bad quality or bad configured. Don't tell me rubbish that all this is to preserve my precious ear please, cuz the outher keyboards sound more alive with the same headphone. You got firmaware update, please use it to meet our needs. Regards.

Posted : 07/11/2020 2:54 pm
 Jens

I've got the same issue. I tried with iphone wired ear plugs and there the volume is good...

Posted : 08/11/2020 6:37 am

This phones volume issue together with the absence of a more precise touch velocity curve control (like cp4 had with depth and offset) is preventing me to buy this otherwise beautiful slab. Yamaha hear us!

Posted : 13/12/2020 4:55 pm

The volume on headphones is low. I have seinheizer 599. I hope this can be fixed with an update.

Posted : 28/09/2021 12:07 pm

Regarding the subject of "low output from the headphone output", Yamaha.de gave me the following answer (translation from Google.Translator):

"So far we have not had any problems with the headphone output on the CP-73/88. It's always a bit unfortunate when such things are discussed in forums but not officially brought to us. Since we also test the instruments on a daily basis, we cannot report any negative impressions from ongoing operations.

So at the moment we only have the advice to use headphones with low resistance. The higher the ohm number, the lower the volume. We cannot confirm a difference between the CP73 and the 88 output.

It would be interesting with which headphone model (manufacturer / model / impedance) you have had your experience.

The output impedance is 33 ohms. "

Posted : 29/09/2021 1:30 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us