Notifications
Clear all

What a miss!!!!

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Rick
Topic starter

I would have purchased the CP73 right there and then but man they are missing some key bread-and-butter sounds. Hard to believe there is was not a single brass ensemble patch. This would be the perfect keyboard it did not require me to lug another keyboard around for a dozen or so sounds that get me through the night. The fact that Nord has replaceable samples for this type of thing is killer. What a miss as I loved the pure stage piano features. Yamaha missed the mark with such a limited Sub.

Posted : 10/05/2019 6:52 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

The CP offers more than the old stage pianos - but is a bit of a throw-back to the mantra that a piano, organ, clav, and a few others is all you need. Something like the RD-200 with some extras thrown in.

... already they've added some content. And the response may be that "there's more to come". But past "more to come" has taken year(s) to wait - and is finally delivered. Difficult to make purchasing decisions on what you can't see in the current product.

Posted : 10/05/2019 9:47 pm

I would have purchased the CP73 right there and then but man they are missing some key bread-and-butter sounds. Hard to believe there is was not a single brass ensemble patch. This would be the perfect keyboard it did not require me to lug another keyboard around for a dozen or so sounds that get me through the night. The fact that Nord has replaceable samples for this type of thing is killer. What a miss as I loved the pure stage piano features. Yamaha missed the mark with such a limited Sub.

I hear you, Rick. Big Yamaha fan here and long time user, but I actually cancelled my order for now, because of this. I need a couple more sounds (brass, more variation on basses for example) and am sticking to my CP4 for now. Still a great instrument but I LOVE the UI and the keyboard action on the CP88.

Posted : 24/05/2019 4:46 am

I am actually thinking of trading my CP88 for a CP4 for the same reasons

Posted : 26/05/2019 5:51 pm

I am actually thinking of trading my CP88 for a CP4 for the same reasons

Well, Iβ€˜m 100% sure the CP4 will become a veritable classic, with the SCM and all the nice stuff (and the other sounds) going on. To me, it sounds the same if not better than the CP88. The small sound section they have in common, that is.;)

I mean, heck, it’s β€œsimply the best stage piano Yamaha has ever madeβ€œ. πŸ˜‰

Posted : 27/05/2019 8:21 pm
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us