Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Change CP4 performance with OnSong

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Here's a tricky one. I would like to be able to have the OnSong iPad app automatically change the performance on my CP4 when I change the song in OnSong. I've been able to get the CP4 to register some events in the OnSong midi editor, like playing a note. Does anyone have any experience with this to point me in the right direction? I posted a ticket with the OnSong people a few days ago but haven't heard anything from them yet. Thanks.

Posted : 31/12/2018 3:43 pm
Bad Mister

Sorry, never heard of the App of which you speak. What you need to know on the CP4 Stage side of things is the 128 Performances can be recalled by sending:

MSB 63
LSB 80
PC 0-127

Posted : 01/01/2019 9:41 pm
Topic starter

I figured this out. The info above was very helpful. Thanks.

I'm sure I'm only scratching the surface but I was able to get the app to do what I wanted it to do. OnSong is a music library app, mostly for lyrics and chord charts. Here's a link to OnSong. It's great for people like me.

Here's how to change performances when you change songs in OnSong.

1. Make sure the MIDI add-on is installed and activated. It's an inexpensive add on.
2. In OnSong, go to the song you want to have change the performance.
3. Touch on the edit icon (the pencil) toward the upper right corner.
5. Under the song title type MIDI: 63.80:0-127
0-127 should correspond with the performance number BUT it should be one number less than the performance number. So performance 116 would be:

MIDI: 63.80:115

6. Touch Done in the upper right corner.

That's it.

Posted : 15/01/2019 1:53 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us