Clear all

CP4 as MIDI self-controller

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
m
 m
Topic starter

I'd appreciate some insights on when and how it might be useful to use the CP4 in controller mode to control its own internal sound modules, i.e., by connecting its MIDI out to its own MIDI in. Some posts over on Keyboard Corner have suggested this as a way of getting around some limitations of local control mode. Thanks.

Posted : 03/06/2016 4:32 pm
Bad Mister

The CP4 Stage does not control itself via MIDI. The Master Zones are designed for controlling external devices.

You have not stated what it is you want to do. I'd rather solve the issue using the product as designed before resorting to plugging the MIDI OUT to the MIDI IN. Really!?!

Posted : 03/06/2016 6:32 pm
m
 m
Topic starter

Okay, no problem, maybe someone else will chime in on the question. But yes, really, the CP4 can control its own sound modules via MIDI, and people have used that approach to bypass some inherent limitations of split/layer.

Posted : 03/06/2016 8:35 pm
Bad Mister

I'm sure they do... That doesn't make it the thing to do.

Posted : 04/06/2016 5:31 am
m
 m
Topic starter

I did find a prior thread that relates to this. Here's the link for anyone who might be interested ...
https://yamahasynth.com/index.php?option=com_easydiscuss&view=post&id=1036&Itemid=851

Posted : 04/06/2016 2:12 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us