Clear all

Dual MONO out on CP4 ???

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 joel
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Okay, I was just playing the CP4 and, evidently, I accidentally pressed a button (or two, or three) that made the L/R stereo outputs become LAYER(L-mono)/ Main(R-Mono)....meaning, the Layer Part only came out the Left output and the Main Part only came out the Right Output.

Question: What button-pushes caused this? I had to power cycle the keyboard reset the stereo L/R output.

Thanks,

Posted : 08/12/2015 10:05 pm
Bad Mister

As far as we know, there is no DUAL MONO mode on the CP4 Stage. That said, you have a PAN control. The PAN control allows you to position a PART in the stereo panorama (field - left to right). So in your two or three button presses - you may have panned the LAYER to the LEFT and the MAIN to the RIGHT

Many of the VOICES in the CP4 Stage are sampled in stereo so be careful with this type of thing. Part of the VOICE name will often be the letters (Mn) to signify the VOICE is Mono. Panning a stereo sampled sound hard left will cause some bit of change in how the Voice plays. Panning a Voice that is stereo to the left will start to remove it from the right channel. To a point this can sound okay, but when you start reaching the extreme left you may notice that the timbre of the sound starts to be affected - as if you were narrowing its room to breathe. This is why on main piano sounds you are given both Stereo samples and Mono samples to build your customer PART.

PAN is a PART EDIT parameter.

Posted : 09/12/2015 2:40 pm
 joel
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Wow, must have been a temporary crazy, glicky fluke with the keyboard as this panning phenomenon stayed constant no matter which performance I recalled. But, after power-cycling the unit, the stereo image corrected itself. Hey, but it fun and cool while it lasted.

Posted : 09/12/2015 2:58 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us