Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

How can I send control data to the Layer when it is not selected on the CP4?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi there, so I have set my CP4 to have another board (through MIDI channel 2) to play the layer sound itself (in this case a clavinet). Even when the Layer is not activted on the CP4 (The light is not lit), the clav still sounds through the MIDI board. Moreover, the volume slider on the CP4 still controls the volume. I have the Layer's effect A set to Pedal Wah and have it plugged into FC2 on the CP4. I swear that it controlled the Wah even when the Layer button was not lit last night. Today it does not do that. Does anyone know what i did last night to make the Wah pedal to work like this? THANK YOU in advance!!!

Posted : 12/04/2020 7:28 am
Bad Mister

Does anyone know what i did last night to make the Wah pedal to work like this?

perhaps some bad mushrooms(?) I’m kidding... Of course...
Even if you sent Control data to the Layer Part, if it is not selected, you would never hear it. It’s a great philosophical question, akin to the tree that fell in the forest when there was no one there to hear it (does it make a sound)?

Posted : 13/04/2020 6:47 pm
Topic starter

Haha...but seriously ...the CP4 still receives and plays note data on MIDI channel 2 even if the layer button is not pressed... and I know it was doing the other control data as well the other night it's driving me nuts! In the meantime... thanks to this forum I found out about the Split function in which you hold split and play the low A... it's basically doing what I was shooting for so...YAY!

Posted : 13/04/2020 7:44 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us