Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Is CP4 Master Keyboard switch ON/OFF a global setting?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I am trying to use the master keyboard 4 zone option in the CP4 to play my Motif XF's sounds (song/mixing mode)

I was hoping I could use a dedicated PERFORMANCE program as my "master keyboard" patch. For instance PERFORMANCE SELECT 008 (A08) "Name"
Using MIDI channels 13-16.
The program is stored and seems to work ok.

But if I switch the CP4 to a MAIN sound or another PERFORMANCE patch the master keyboard settings still apply to the new program.
Turning the power off on the CP4 then back on, the setting only applies to the to PERF 008 as intended until I load that program again and the other patches turns it back on in their own bank.

Is it meant to be a global setting or is it actually programmable for 1 or more isolated programs?

Posted : 23/09/2016 8:23 pm
m
 m

I just tested this out on my CP4 ...

- Picked a particular Performance (079) and edited the Master Keyboard settings

- Saved that edited Performance

- Switched to other Performances and checked their Master Keyboard settings

The Master Keyboard settings on the other Performances were the usual defaults; my edited settings from 079 did not carry over. Then, when I switched back to Performance 079, my custom settings were again in effect.

Of course, if I stay in Performance 079 and merely select a new CP4 Voice, the customized Master Keyboard settings remain in effect.

So I'd say Master Keyboard settings are programmable for individual Performances.

Posted : 24/09/2016 3:27 am
Topic starter

Thanks for checking your board.
Thats exactly the way I want the board to behave.

I need to check out my settings, maybe my program loads a SysEx or some other MIDI message to the rest of the CP4.

EDIT:
Guess I found out.
When loading the Master Keyboard Program, I was hitting physical buttons, i.e. "E.Piano 1" to get to another program when done.
The CP4 consider this as an "EDIT", if I turn the navigation wheel first, one up or down it makes a true exit from my master keyboard setting and loads the next without MasterKbd switch on.

Posted : 24/09/2016 8:30 am
m
 m

Thomas wrote:When loading the Master Keyboard Program, I was hitting physical buttons, i.e. "E.Piano 1" to get to another program when done.
The CP4 consider this as an "EDIT", if I turn the navigation wheel first, one up or down it makes a true exit from my master keyboard setting and loads the next without MasterKbd switch on.

That explains it ... If you just select a new CP4 Voice (whether by hitting physical buttons or rotating the wheel while the Voice is displayed), you haven't changed Performances, you're just editing whatever Performance you were already in. There is no "voice mode" on the CP4; you're always in a Performance. As long as you stay in the Performance with the custom Master Keyboard settings, those settings will remain in effect.

If you rotate the wheel when the Performance is displayed (red Performance button flashing), you're changing Performances. If you rotate the wheel when voices are displayed (red Performance button steady on, not flashing), you're changing Voices, not Performances.

Posted : 24/09/2016 2:53 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us