Clear all

issue with meter 6/8 pattern chain mode

11 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 SAM
Topic starter

hello Mr. Badmister
need help on pattern chain mode converting to song on MOTIF ES.
Have the pattern in 6/8 but when I go into chain mode it shows 4/4 how do I change it to 6/8 for the whole chaining of pattern for 350 + measures ?

PLEASE HELP !
ty.
Sam I am/ENOO

Posted : 14/10/2017 5:40 am
Bad Mister

Have the pattern in 6/8 but when I go into chain mode it shows 4/4 how do I change it to 6/8 for the whole chaining of pattern for 350 + measures ?

When you create a linear structure for MIDI data, the framework of measures, the time signature and the tempo are created in advance. Because so much music is in basic 4/4 time that is the default framework. It is standard throughout MIDI that each Measure defaults to 4/4 time.

Each Measure in a MIDI SONG will have its Time Signature as one of the first events... each Measure could be set differently. You create this Time Signature framework BEFORE you begin recording... here’s how:

First, your Pattern data must be set and recorded in the Time Signature. All measures of a Pattern Section must be the same.
Your Pattern is in 6/8, therefore before creating your Pattern Chain you must Create the Measures with their Time Signature _ you will create as many as you need of each Time Signature, remembering it will default back to 4/4 time unless you expressly tell the Measure to be something different.

From PATTERN Mode
Press [F6] CHAIN
Press [EDIT]
You will see a column with the measures numbered starting with 001 and each has a Time Signature set at the default 4/4.
Befor you enter any data, you must change those 4/4s to 6/8s
Move the cursor to highlight 4/4 in Measure 001, and using the DATA DIAL counterclockwise set the first Measure to 6/8
Press [F2] COPY
Set the dialog box to copy measures 001-001 to Measure 002 and set the number times you want to have it create a 6/8 Measure.
In this fashion it is possible to create Time Signature map by creating as many measures as you require of each a Time Signature.

Now when you create your CHAIN, it will respect your Time Signature framework.
Hope that helps.

Posted : 14/10/2017 3:00 pm
 SAM
Topic starter

Thanks a mil.
Mr.Badmister u da man !!
It works on the 6/8 Thanq.

Had discussed with u on the pitch bender etc.
NO doesn't work.
Will have to take it to shop.

Now please help me with this one asap.
Doing recordings out of town with a MOTIF ES they have in studio there.
(That eliminates taking mine)

So if I insert my USB into that one WILL all/everything that I have like my samples etc etc will load in properly like it does in mine ??
Please advise.
Thanq.

Posted : 31/10/2017 3:03 pm
Bad Mister

So if I insert my USB into that one WILL all/everything that I have like my samples etc etc will load in properly like it does in mine ??
Please advise.

Yes, if the Motif ES has Sample RAM installed (DIMMs)... call in advance and make sure they have the amount of memory you need to load your samples. Of course you can bring your own DIMMs if their instrument does have them.

See page 289 of your Owner’s Manual for details. Most important thing is to power down and disconnect Motif ES from the wall when removing or installing DIMMs... of course.

Posted : 31/10/2017 6:19 pm
 SAM
Topic starter

Thanq.
Please advise on 2 issues here.

(1) my recordist wants me to TURN OFF all EFFECTS on the motif Es & so he gets a RAW audio track/tracks of each individual track into his software/studio.
Though I knew how to do that in the KORG I do not know how on the ES.

(2) How do I record VOCAL (like singing) directly into the MOTIF ES ?
Appreciate it kindly.
Thanq

Posted : 05/11/2017 9:23 pm
Bad Mister

On the front panel of the Motif ES, just above the Transport buttons are the EFFECT buttons. You can Bypass the Insertion and System Effects and turn the Master Effect On/Off.

In order to record vocals into the Motif ES, requires you first expand the memory with a pair of DIMMs, See Page 289 of your Owner’s Manual.

Posted : 06/11/2017 1:00 pm
 SAM
Topic starter

BaaaaadestMister on the globe.
UR the bestest !
Thanq.

Got the effects deal ty.

Now on the ES I have 2 DIMMs installed like 256 each TOTAL 512 (blv that's max correct ?)

Please shed a little detail on the vocal recording etc.
Please Thanq.

Posted : 10/11/2017 5:42 pm
Bad Mister

Take your time... here is an article from 14 years ago (see zipped PDF attached) on Sampling in the Motif ES Sequencer...
If you get stuck post back here.

Attached files

seqsample.pdf.zip (173.1 KB) 

Posted : 10/11/2017 6:42 pm
 SAM
Topic starter

Thanq again Mr. BadMister sir.

It's better recording vocals on my SONAR studio.

Ok now I have a section in my pattern like 24 measures.
I would like for each note of the BASS guitar to have the exact same velocity & also the gate time.

Is it possible to do that with just 1 step ?
rather than on an edit going to each note & amending the velocity + gate time.
Pls adv
Thanq

Posted : 12/11/2017 1:23 am
Bad Mister

See page 88 of the Reference Manual
JOB 02: Modify Velocity > Set All
JOB 03: Modify Gate Time > Set All

Posted : 12/11/2017 4:32 am
 SAM
Topic starter

Dearest BadMister
U were great , today ur greater
& & &
Not tomorrow
BUT !
Already NOW & into tomorrow & the FUTURE "U R the GREATEST !!!!!

Posted : 13/11/2017 5:20 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us