Notifications
Clear all

Loading CS6x / S80 voices into Motif ES / S90 ES

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello,

I wanted to share something with you that I needed some time ago when I was switching from Yamaha S80 to Yamaha S90 ES. I had many voices (mainly of synthetic nature) on my Yamaha S80 that I wanted to continue using in the S90 ES, as they were part of productions I was working on. I've noticed that the Motif engine is almost 100% backwards compatible engine-wise, however some parameters couldn't be taken 1:1 like waveforms or filter curves. To make things easier for me I've written an Excel chart (yes, you may laugh, but it works!) that can be fed with a SysEx dump of a single voice from either the CS6x or S80 themselves or their respective editors and gives out a SysEx dump that can directly be sent to the Motif ES / S90 ES.

I thought keeping that file for myself would be rather close-minded and so I published it on my website. Recently I did some big updates to the script which include a remapping of the waveforms by about 50% (I'm mainly failing at E pianos, guitars, basses and drums) and a remapping of the arpeggiator types by about 99%. I also added a how-to video.

You can find more infos and a download link here.

Maybe someone who is in a similar situation could need it. Or you just want to explore sound sets for the CS6x on your Motif ES. 🙂

- Johannes

Posted : 01/11/2014 11:41 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us