Synth Forum

MOTIF XS8 And Cubas...

Notifications
Clear all

MOTIF XS8 And Cubase 5 Playing Different Midi Tracks in Song Mode With Corresponding Midi Tracks In Cubase HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Anthony
Topic starter

Hi everyone, It's been a long time since I have been on here searching for help. Most of the time I find my answers without having to ask.

After about a year and six different computers I got my MOTIF to work with MLAN and I'm Very Happy! Audio works and I can record the motif to Cubase 5 no

problems. But what I can't figure out is how do I get the motif to play different midi tacks using the 16 track control buttons on the motif.

I want to use the motif to control the VST's I have in Cubase 5 Like this I want BFD3 on track 1 controlled by track 1 in Motif song mode

Track 2 in Cubase 5 I want Nexus2 and have it played by track 2 on the Motif song mode.

and Track 3 I want Trilian in Cubase5 Played by track 3 of the Motif song mode

Track 4 I want Absynth 5 in Cubase5 Played by track 4 of the Motif song mode

Track 5 I want Reaktor5 in Cubase5 Played by track 5 of the Motif song mode

and maybe go up to a total of 18 tracks. Would there be a way to make the motif play all 18 tracks?

So far all I can do is have track 1 on the Motif play track 1 in cubase

I have rattled my brains out for weeks trying to figure out how to assign them but I give up! I know it must be very simple or It just can't be done : )

Thanks for taking the time to read my problem.
Anthony
Motif XS8 Computer: Sabertooth-58 i7 960 48 gigs of ram

Posted : 13/05/2016 5:36 pm
Member Admin

Hi Anthony, Thank you for your post. We'll have someone followup with you shortly.

Best,
Amy - Community Coordinator

Posted : 17/05/2016 11:58 am
Bad Mister
Anthony
Topic starter

Thank You Amy! This thread Should be closed because I opened a second one by mistake and Bad Mister is Helping me on that one.

Thanks everyone for the help!

It's much needed and appreciated!!!!
Anthony

Posted : 17/05/2016 8:25 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us